Wenche Karin Malmedal
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Elder abuse in Norwegian nursing homes: a cross-sectional exploratory study. BMC Health Services Research.
- (2020) Resident-to-resident aggression in Norwegian nursing homes: a cross-sectional exploratory study. BMC Geriatrics.
- (2020) Elder abuse in Ghana- A qualitative exploratory study. Journal of Adult Protection.
- (2020) A literature review of survey instruments used to measure staff-to-resident abuse in residential care settings. Nursing Open. vol. 00.
- (2020) How Volunteers Contribute to Persons with Dementia Coping in Everyday Life. Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare. vol. 13.
- (2020) Nursing home leaders’ perceptions of factors influencing the reporting of elder abuse and neglect: a qualitative study. Journal of Health Organisation and Management. vol. 34 (6).
- (2020) Elder abuse and neglect: an overlooked patient safety issue. A focus group study of nursing home leaders’ perceptions of elder abuse and neglect. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 20 (199).
- (2020) Patients' perception of user involvement in psychiatric outpatient treatment: Associations with patient characteristics and satisfaction. Health Expectations.
- (2018) Omsorg på vranga. Tidsskrift for omsorgsforskning. vol. 4 (3).
- (2017) Preventing physical abuse of Nursing home residents- as seen from the Nursing staff's perspective. Nursing Open. vol. 00.
- (2017) Stressors of newly graduated nurses in Shanghai paediatric hospital: a qualitative study. Journal of Nursing Management. vol. 25 (3).
- (2016) Hva mener de ansatte er årsak til overgrep, krenkelser og forsømmelser i sykehjem?. Omsorg: Nordisk tidsskrift for Palliativ Medisin.
- (2016) Sexual abuse of older nursing home residents - results from a Norwegian pilot study. The journal of Nursing Home Research. vol. 2.
- (2015) Sexual Abuse of Older Residents in Nursing Homes. A Focus Group Interview of Nursing Home Staff. Nursing Research and Practice.
- (2015) Sexual Abuse of Older Nursing Home Residents: A Literature Review. Nursing Research and Practice. vol. 2015.
- (2014) Norwegian Nursing Home—A Care Facility or a Home?. Open Journal of Nursing. vol. 4 (5).
- (2014) The dark side of Norwegian nursing homes: factors influencing inadequate care. Journal of Adult Protection. vol. 16 (3).
- (2010) Det som ikke burde skje- en kvalitativ studie om overgrep og krenkelser i sykehjem. Geriatrisk sykepleie. vol. 2 (1).
- (2009) Inadequate care in Norwegian nursing homes- as reported by nursing staff. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. vol. 23.
- (2009) To report or not report? Attitudes held by Norwegian nursing home staff on reporting inadequate care carried out by colleagues. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 37 (7).