Background and activities
Chairing the Reseach Group for Human Development
PI of the Trondheim Early Secure Study
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Prospective Bidirectional Associations between Attachment and Depressive Symptoms from Middle Childhood to Adolescence. Journal of Youth and Adolescence.
- (2019) Parental predictors of children’s executive functioning from ages 6 to 10. British Journal of Developmental Psychology. vol. 37 (3).
- (2019) Time Spent Gaming and Social Competence in Children: Reciprocal Effects Across Childhood. Child Development.
- (2019) Perceived social support among adolescents in Residential Youth Care. Child & Family Social Work.
- (2019) Screen time and the development of emotion understanding from age 4 to age 8: A community study. British Journal of Developmental Psychology. vol. 37 (3).
- (2019) Parents' personality-disorder symptoms predict children's symptoms of anxiety and depressive disorders - a prospective cohort study. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology.
- (2019) Time Spent Gaming and Psychiatric Symptoms in Childhood: Cross-Sectional Associations and Longitudinal Effects. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- (2018) Predictors of eating behavior in middle childhood: A hybrid fixed effects model. Developmental Psychology. vol. 54 (6).
- (2018) Emotional Over- and Undereating in Children: A Longitudinal Analysis of Child and Contextual Predictors. Child Development.
- (2018) Selection for special education services: the role of gender and socio-economic status. European Journal of Special Needs Education. vol. 33 (4).
- (2018) Effects of special education on academic achievement and task motivation: a propensity-score and fixed-effects approach. European Journal of Special Needs Education.
- (2018) Young children's television viewing and the quality of their interactions with parents: A prospective community study. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. vol. 59 (5).
- (2018) Cohort Profile: The Trondheim Early Secure Study (TESS)—a study of mental health, psychosocial development and health behaviour from preschool to adolescence. International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 47 (5).
- (2018) Symptoms of Internet Gaming Disorder in Youth: Predictors and Comorbidity. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology. vol. 47.
- (2018) Predictors of Physical Activity in Middle Childhood. A Fixed-effects Regression Approach. Frontiers In Public Health. vol. 6 (305).
- (2017) Change in parenting, change in student-teacher relationships, and oxytocin receptor gene (OXTR): Testing a Gene-×-Environment (G×E) Hypothesis in Two Samples. Developmental Psychology. vol. 53 (7).
- (2017) Quality of life among adolescents living in residential youth care:do domain-specific self-esteem and psychopathology contribute?. Quality of Life Research. vol. 26 (10).
- (2017) Emotion Understanding in Preschool Children with Mild-to-Severe Hearing Loss. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education. vol. 22 (2).
- (2017) Social skills in preschool children with unilateral and mild bilateral hearing loss. Deafness and Education International. vol. 19 (2).
- (2017) Parent-Child Interactions During Traditional and Interactive Media Settings: A Pilot Randomized Control Study. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. vol. 59 (2).