Background and activities
Develop new models for hull resistance, engine emissions, driveline, propeller efficiency and fuel production that enables efficient fleetwide modelling (CLIMMS WP2)
Main supervisor: Professor Sverre Steen
Research Interests: Ship energy prediction, Hydrodynamics, Motion analysis, Big data application in the maritime sector.
- MSc in Navigation Science, Korea Maritime & Ocean University, Korea, (2017-2019), "Development of a Fuel Consumption Prediction Model based on Machine Learning using ship's data".
- BSc in Navigation Science, Korea Maritime & Ocean University, Korea, (2008-2012)
- Hyundai LNG Shipping Co., Ltd. (2014-2017), Navigation officer (2nd-Chief) - LNG carriers
- Hyundai Merchant Marine Co., Ltd. (2012-2014), Navigation officer (3rd-2nd) - Container ships
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Global Shipping Emissions from a Well-to-Wake Perspective: The MariTEAM Model. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 55 (22).
- (2021) A new global shipping air pollution and GHG emission inventory using the bottom-up, well-to-wake MariTEAM model. AGU Fall Meeting 2021 . American Geophysical Union (AGU); New Orleans, US. 2021-12-16 - 2021-12-16.
- (2021) A novel bottom-up global ship emission inventory for conventional and alternative fuels in a well-to-wake approach. EGU Annual General Assembly 2021 . EGU - European Geosciences Union; Online. 2021-04-30 - 2021-04-30.
- (2020) Empirical methods for ship powering: resistance in calm water & weather. IndEcol seminar ; 2020-10-06.