Youri van Valen
Background and activities
Area of work:
PhD research into the Methanol to Formaldehyde (MTF) reaction using a silver catalyst.
Skills and expertise:
- Synthetic organic chemistry
- Characterisation of organic compounds
- MSc in chemistry from the University of Amsterdam. Focus on organic chemistry and characterisation.
- BSc in chemistry from the Utrecht University of Applied Sciences. Specialisation into organic chemistry.
- University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. (February 2019 - September 2019)
8 Month internship at the research group of Dr. M.A. Fernández-Ibáñez. Tasked with developing a synthetic route to a natural product utilizing the C-H activation method developed within the group.
- DSM, Zwolle, The Netherlands. (February 2016 - August 2016)
5 Month research and development internship and a 2 month summer job at the Coatings and Resins department. Tasked with developing a method to automate RAFT polymerisation using a high-throughput synthetic robot.
- AkzoNobel, Deventer, The Netherlands. (February 2014 - June 2014)
5 Month research and development internship at the polymer additives department. Tasked with the synthesis of various compounds to be tested as polymer film additives.