Research - Department of Health Sciences in Ålesund
The Department of Health Sciences in Ålesund's research profile supports the ambition of excellent and future-oriented nursing.
Our strategic research areas are clinical nursing, health service research and educational research.
These research areas are linked to societal reforms, demographic developments and new technology. This creates a need for knowledge about the implementation of the Norwegian collaboration reform ("Samhandlingsreformen") and the value of welfare technology and user participation.
The field of student practice has changed as a learning arena. In order to educate good candidates we need knowledge about learning arenas and new forms of teaching such as simulation and digitalisation.
- Aging and elderly care (Aldring og eldreomsorg)
- Public health work (Folkehelsearbeid)
- Health service research (Helsetjenesteforskning)
- Health services during reform (Helsetjenester i reformtid)
- Professional care and technology-intensive environments (Profesjonell omsorg og teknologi-intensive miljøer)