The group conducts biomechanical, clinical and registry research in orthopaedic surgery.
Our research focuses on:
- Arthroscopic surgery and sports traumatology
- The main research activity has been studies on anterior cruciate ligament surgery (ACL), cartilage surgery, meniscus surgery, and shoulder disorder.
- Leader: Jon Olav Drogset
- Prostheses and fracture research
- With the Orthopaedic research centre (former NKSOI) at St. Olavs Hospital.
- Leader: Olav A. Foss
- Database research
- Norwegian cruciate ligament registry (with Jon Olav Drogset)
- The hip fracture registry (with Olav A. Foss)
- The joint prosthesis registry (with Olav A. Foss)
- Spinal disorders
- With the National centre for spinal disorders at St. Olavs Hospital.
- Leader: Ivar Rossvoll
- Hand surgery
- Leader: Vilhjalmur Finsen