PhD studies - Centre for Real Estate and Facilities Management (Metamorphosis)
PhD Programme: Photo
The doctoral program (PhD) is a pre-structured degree that is standardised into three years. The education is funded through grants provided from NTNU Research Council and industry. A PhD scholarship can also have a duration of four years, where tuition or other academic related tasks constitute 25% of working time.
PhD program aims to provide:
- Versatile knowledge in the chosen subject
- In-depth knowledge in a limited part of the discipline
- Training and experience in scientific work and methodology
- Be internationally oriented
- Be an integral part of overall research activities in the respective disciplines
- Provide the basis for future work in business, government, education and research.
Traditionally the PhD program has been a research position for individuals who are aiming for a career in higher education or research. In recent years, industry has put increased value on the specialisation a PhD program provides. This has led to a growing proportion of NTNU Phd graduates finding jobs in industry.
To be admitted to the PhD program requires relevant education at Master level or equivalent. In addition, it is required that a satisfactory plan for the subject field and the research is developed in consultation with a graduate teacher at NTNU.
More information about the PhD program at NTNU you can find by following this link.