Network - Centre for Real Estate and Facilities Management (Metamorphosis)
Centre for Real Estate and Facilities Management partakes in broad national and international cooperation. The centre forms the basis for a network between teaching, research and practice in property development and management in Norway and other universities in the Nordic countries, as well as universities and academic in many other countries such as United Kingdom, the Netherlands and USA
Example of international cooperation joints / Networking:
EuroFM is a European FM (Facility Management) organisation has contact with 60 organizations in 15 countries. Society's main focus is the following:
- Promoting FM in Europe
- Increase value for members
- financial stability
- Dissemination of knowledge and information
- Facilitate networking to share best practices
CIB is an abbreviation of the French (former) name: "Conseil International du Bâtiment" (in English: the International Council for Building). During 1998, the acronym has been retained, but the full name changed to: "International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction".
CIB was established in 1953 as an association whose aim was to stimulate and facilitate international cooperation and information exchange between governmental research institutes in the construction sector, with an emphasis on those with involvement in technical disciplines.
The purpose of the CIB is to provide a global network for international exchange and cooperation in research and innovation in construction, in support of an improved building process and improved performance of the built environment.
CIB covers the technical, economic, environmental, organisational and other aspects of the built environment in all phases of its life cycle, and addresses all steps in the process of basic and applied research, documentation and transfer of research results, and implementation and actual application of them.
The objectives of CIB is to be: a relevant source of information on research and innovation worldwide in construction; a reliable and efficient hub for the global research community - and a forum to achieve meaningful exchange between the entire spectrum of building and construction interests and the global research community.
Objectives and scope:
Within the framework of the mission is the focus on the concept of usability of jobs, which are used in a variety of building types, including commercial buildings and buildings for healthcare and education.
Research topics include:
- Usability concepts, tools and methods
- Economy, efficiency and effectiveness
- Context, culture, situation, performance, experience.
Commission's objectives are:
- To undertake a variety of case studies and associated workshops, and involving users, practitioners and researchers in a program of action research
- developing concepts for ease of use in practice
- To promote, develop and share methods, processes and techniques for the evaluation of the built environment in use
CIB W70 Facilities Management
Objectives and Scopes: The Commission aims:
- to foster a deeper understanding of how our built environment influences human behavior, health and organizational productivity
- to promote the strategic and operational value of facilities management and asset maintenance in meeting emerging business challenges
- to forge closer links and collaboration between the financial, technical, sociological and operational aspects of facilities management and asset maintenance through an integrated resource management approach
- to disseminate the findings of research work on facilities management and asset management to a wider audience
- to provide a forum for the exchange of know-how and best practice in education, research and industry that addresses physical workplace and functional workspace demands
- to communicate the work of CIB W070 by publication of its symposium proceedings.
NfN - Norsk Nettverk for Næringseiendom
NfN's vision is "NFN is the most important arena for best practice in FM in Norway." NfNs development areas are key figures/ benchmarking, strategic FM commitment, information strategy and contact with external venues.
NfN awards an annual scholarship to a FM Master student, by nomination of the NTNU.
Infobox (to the right on every page)
Master of Real Estate and Facilities Management
- Accredited and Experience Based Master (part time)
Deadline May 2017. Søknadsweb opens January 2017. Find out more about admission here.
- 2-year master (fulltime)
Deadline 15th of April 2017. Find out more about admission here.