4th Norwegian Big Data Symposium (NOBIDS) 2018
Special Theme: NEWS AUTOMATION AND INTERACTIVITY
The 4th Norwegian Big Data Symposium - NOBIDS 2018 welcomes the submission of original research and application papers dealing with all aspects of Big Data and also the speacial theme "News Automation and Interactivity".
The impact of Big Data and large-scale data infrastructures is now visible in science, business, government and civil society. Companies store more data than anyone could imagine just a few years back, and the proliferation of open linked data has made it possible to share well-defined data across organizational and geographical boundaries. Big data and data analytics are rapidly expanding research areas that are of great importance to both industry and academia. The focus is on scalable techniques for intelligent data production, collection, classification, storing, integration, analysis and visualization. Big Data is multi-disciplinary of nature and is closely linked to industrial innovation and value creation.
Norwegian Big Data Symposium (NOBIDS 2018) focuses on Big Data applications and Big Data research from all disciplines. This year NOBIDS has a special focus on news automation and interactivity. News automation, in other words automated reporting of news or robot journalism, seen as a great help for journalists by some people while others think that it will replace journalists. While the debate goes on the technological advancements within the domain continues to excite the computer scientists and makes the journalists to prepare for the future of journalism. News automation deals with big amounts of news data in order to create individual stories automatically. Interactivity focuses on the human computer interaction in the context of big data and robot journalism. Automatic generation of personalized news, chatbots and, any user feedback and interactivity based systems are of interest in this context. NOBIDS 2018 aims to bring researchers and industry practitioners together to exchange ideas, establish collaborations and share experiences within the special theme of news automation and interactivity.
To register to NOBIDS please follow this URL: https://goo.gl/forms/yi7L7NDQopsV77ir1
To register to NxtMedia Conference please follow this URL: https://eventselskapet.hoopla.no/sales/2825736569
Topics of Interest
Topics of interests for the research track of NOBIDS 2018 include but are not limited to:
- News automation / robot journalism
- Conversational systems and chatbots
- News summarization, classification and sentiment analysis
- Fake news detection
- Scalable AI/machine learning
- Industrial applications of big data and data analytics
- Big data management and life cycle support
- Big data architectures
- New programming models and platforms for big data computing
- Cloud/grid/stream computing for big data
- Big data on mobile platforms
- Large-scale semantics and open linked data
- Scalable natural language processing
- Recommender systems and personalization
- Detection of trusted news sources
- News analytics
- User experience and visualization of big data
- User intelligence and user profiling
- Social media systems
- Anonymization, privacy and security
- Business models for big data
- Legal aspects of open and protected data
- Evaluation and benchmarking of big data applications
Attendance and Registration
All the participants of NOBIDS 2018 are required to register to the symposium by following this link:
This is important for us to provide you the entrance to the building where the symposium will be held and also to plan the coffee breaks. NOBIDS 2018 registration is free of charge.
NxtMedia Conference takes place on 15 November 2018 in Rockheim, Trondheim. To register to NxtMedia Conference please follow this URL: https://eventselskapet.hoopla.no/sales/2825736569
30 September 2018
15 October 2018 (Extended)
27 October 2018
4 November 2018 (Extended)
Camera-ready due: 7 November 2018
Workshop date: 14 November 2018
From Big Data to Smart Data: Changing Behavior with Online Communication
The Bright Future of News Automation
Industrial Track Speakers
- Geir Terje Ruud, NTB, Development Director
- Eirik Winsnes, Aftenposten, Development Editor
- Sören Karlsson, United Robots, CEO
- Gustav Hjärna, Ifrågasätt, CEO
More speakers will be announced soon.
Accepted papers will be published online in a CEUR workshop proceedings. At least one author of each accepted paper must attend the workshop. A selection of the best papers will be invited to publish in a special issue of an NTNU Open Access journal on big data and analytics.
The papers must be formatted according to the LNCS style and submitted as a pdf file. We solicit three types of papers:
Long papers: Up to 14 pages, including references
Short papers: Up to 8 pages, including references
Demo papers: 2-4 pages, including references
All submissions to the research track should be made using the EasyChair Conference System.
Click here to submit a paper.
Submissions are now closed. Thank you for your interest in NOBIDS 2018! Hope to see you next year.
Program Committee Members
- Anna Fensel, Semantic Technology Institute (STI) Innsbruck, University of Innsbruck
- Benjamin Kille, Berlin Institute of Technology, Germany
- Cristina Marco, NTNU, Norway
- Humberto Castejon, Telenor Group, Norway
- Jon Atle Gulla, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Lemei Zhang, NTNU, Norway
- Özlem Özgöbek, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Peng Liu, NTNU, Norway
- Svein Erik Bratsberg, NTNU, Norway