Information technology deals with the planning, development, improvement, evaluation and use of programs and computer systems.
This is a 3 years Bachelor's degree programme in information technology. After 3 years the students may embark on their working life or apply for the 2 years Master's programme in Informatics.
The programme focuses on:
- how your computer works – hardware, operating system, networks
- how to develop your own programs – modelling and programming
- how to store, process and present text, images and sound – databases, searching, graphics and visualizing
- the Internet and networks – searching, web system development and information security
- how to use this technology in other disciplines – e.g. bioinformatics, teaching, mathematics, etc
- how to use computer technology to solve complex problems – algorithms, intelligent systems, mathematical calculations
- how to simplify the users' everyday life – user interface design, user cooperation, communication and cooperation support
You have to meet the Norwegian language requirements, or have a Scandinavian language as your mother tongue, if you want to apply to any of NTNU's degree programmes.
You also must meet the basic requirement for admission, and demonstrate that you meet the English language requirements.
For more information, please take a look at the Norwegian website for the Bachelor Programme in Food Technology.
The application deadline for the programme is April 15th. Students apply through Samordna Opptak.
Degree: Bachelor of Science in informatics
Language of instruction: Norwegian
Duration: 3 years, 180 ECTS
Programme code: BIT
Application code: 194 395
Restricted admission: Yes
City: Trondheim, Norway
Application deadline: 15 April