You have to fill the language requirements to qualify for admission. If you have completed upper secondary school in Norway or another Nordic country (Sweden, Denmark, Finland or Iceland), you fill the language requirements for admission.
Master's degree programmes
If you apply for admission to Norwegian Master's degree programmes, and you have education from another country than Norway or the Nordic countries, you have to document the language requirements for both English and Norwegian.
If you apply for international Master's degree programmes you must document the English language requirement.
See how you can document the language requirements for Norwegian and English in the list below.
- Norwegian (as a second language) from upper secondary school (VG3)
- Test of Norwegian – Advanced Level, written test with the mark bestått (passed) from the fall 2009, or a minimum score of 450 points from before fall 2009
- Norwegian for Foreigners, Level 3 from one of the Norwegian universities
- One-year study in Norwegian language and society for foreign students from a university college
- Norwegian Language test for adult immigrants with the results B2 in all 4 diciplines
- English basic course from upper secondary school in Norway (140 hours in Kunnskapsløftet or 5 hours weekly in Reform 94), written and oral
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a minimum score of 90 points on the Internet-based test
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with a minimum score of 6.5
- Pearson PTE Academic with a minimum overall score of 51
- The European language certificate (telc): English B2
- The European language certificate (telc): English B2-C1 University
- The European language certificate (telc): all English certificates at C1-level
- Cambridge ESOL Examinations: First Certificate in English
- Cambridge ESOL Examinations: Certificate in Advanced English
- Cambridge ESOL Examinations: Certificate of Proficiency in English
Note that test scores must be sent to NTNU directly from the test center. Test scores from TOEFL and IELTS are only valid for two years. TOEFL: NTNU's reference code is 9652