Bachelor in Education - 3 years - Trondheim
Bachelor in Education
Bachelor in Education
What is childhood? How do we learn? What constitutes upbringing? What is a good school? These questions must be seen in relation to the time we live in. Education studies are about learning in relation with people, environment and society in a changing world.
A philosophical, historical, psychological and sociological approach
Education studies are the science of central community tasks such as child raising, training, education, and teaching. These are studied from philosophical, historical, psychological, and sociological approaches, and educational science is therefore a cross-disciplinary study programme. Because education and information accumulation are central concepts in the modern society, educational studies are relevant as contributors to and critical evaluator of the general social debate. Education studies also provides scientific information and contributes to the practical achievement of child raising, training and education.
Examples of relevant educational subjects:
- Child raising in the modern society
- The use of ICT in teaching
- New forms of teaching in school
- Educational politics
- Behavioral difficulties
- Playing as a mean of communication and as a way of thinking
- The development of reading-skills among young children
- Pedagogical consultation and mentoring
- Social and emotional difficulties
- Children and the Internet
- Youth and violent videos
- Educational analyses of educational buildings.
- Tormenting and self-esteem
- Gender differences in education
- The connection between mental health, friendship and social networks.
- Educational activities within company networks.
- Friendship relations between children and adults
The bachelor programme requires three years of study (180 ECTS) and enables the student to combine different courses. For further details about the courses and information about the language of instruction, please consult the course list.
- Programcode: BPED
- Degree type: Bachelor in Education
- Duration: Full-time
- Credits: 180
- Application code: 194852
- Ordinary quota: 2020 48.1
- Ordinary quota f. diploma: 2020 42.3
- Unit: Department of Education and Lifelong Learning
- Apply before: 15. April
- Language of instruction: Norwegian
- Location: Trondheim