Course - Individual Artistic Work - BK1202
BK1202 - Individual Artistic Work
Examination arrangement: Works
Grade: Passed / Not Passed
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
In this semester the student will begin the immersion into a contemporary artistic practice through participation in 1st year exhibition, group critique, workshops and self-initiated projects. The student will focus on different ways of manifesting artistic projects. Experiences from first year exhibition will be processed and evaluated with supervisors and lead to new projects.
When finishing the course the student:
- Have a deeper knowledge of contemporary art theory and discourse
- Will have begun developing a critical language to discuss art.
- Can test out and evaluate different methods, media and material to build competence within the students individual artistic practice.
- exhibit artistic work and develop collective artistic working methods
Learning methods and activities
Participation in intensive workshops and courses in various techniques/media/workshops, as well as thematic seminars, workshops and projects.
Executing the 1st year show including work, shared coordination, individual tutorial and exhibition critique.
Supervision with main supervisor and second supervisor.
Supervision is documented and documentation is exchanged between supervisors and students to support the student progression.
Further development of individual or collective art project to be planned and developed during the semester. Group critic in the shape of meetings with fellow students and supervisors.
An optional group study trip may be organized during the first or second semester. This will vary from year to year.
Formal evaluation (Progress Review): consist of delivery of documentation and self-evaluation delivered in Inspera followed by an oral presentation at the end of term.
Participation in learning activities such as supervision, group critiques and course specific seminars and projects is mandatory.
Approved compulsary assignments are valid in the current semester.
- Participation in course activities
- Hand in riskassessment
- Participation in the first-year exhibition
Further on evaluation
- Progress Review: Assessment of overall artistic development according to learning outcome.
- Documentation: Sufficient visual, audiovisual or other documentation of activities, proces and results in order to represent development in practice. The material must be submitted to Inspera.
- Written reflection text : 1000 words that sum up the artistic activities of the term and contextualizes own practice in relation to relevant perspectives. The text must be submitted to Inspera.
- Oral presentation of submitted materials. The oral presentation serves as adjusting oral assessment.
- Postponed or new exam will take place in the next exam period.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Bachelor of Fine Art (BBK)
Required previous knowledge
Approved completion of BK1151 or another accredited Fine Art study program at another art education institution.
Credits: 15.0 SP
Study level: Foundation courses, level I
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: SPRING 2024
Language of instruction: English, Norwegian
- Fine Art
Examination arrangement: Works
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
- Spring ORD Works 100/100 INSPERA
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"