Course - Bachelors thesis- logistics - BLOG391
BLOG391 - Bachelors thesis- logistics
New from the academic year 2020/2021
Examination arrangement: Bachelor's Thesis
|Evaluation form||Weighting||Duration||Examination aids||Grade deviation|
To receive a Bachelor degree in logistics, the students must choose a topic for the project from the logistic course portfolio in the study programme. Still, students from Economics and Business administration, Engineering and Technology Design and Management can participate in groups on this project work related to logistics. It might be necessary to make some special arrangements to meet different requirements, but this will be worked out.
Preferably, students should choose this projects from a portfolio of project ideas presented by local businesses and academic staff. Additionally, students may present own project ideas in cooperation with external partners for acceptance.
The Bachelor Dissertation completes the student's programme of studies and integrates important components from the course portfolio in logistics. At the end of the course period, the student has:
- about theory on a chosen area from the course portfolio
- about scientific methods
- about the state of the art in their chosen field.
- Develop and plan how to carry out the work related to a significant research & development-problem
- Analytically reflect on owm empirical data, consider possible solutions and bring forward a chosen solution to the problem.
- Identify and evaluate relevant literature that is needed to solve the case
- Ability to carry out, document and communicate the results from the project work according to an academic standard
- Have insight into ethical challenges that are relevant for the chosen problem
- Have awareness about how the research problem and project work may have an effect in a broader perspective.
Learning methods and activities
There are no ordinary lectures in this course. Still, there will be a few short lectures to share general information that is relevant for the whole group of students.
Students will cooperate in groups, mainly 3 participants- but 2 can be accepted. Each group are offered up to 7 hours of tutoring during the project periode, and in addition feedback on one draft.
Tutoring will be in Norwegian or English.
Compulsory works :
Application for project idea and group members
Individual reflection paper
Additionally: Oral presentation is a part of the assessment in the course. As a compulsory work, students have to be present during all oral presentations for students in Logistics and in Economics and Business Administration.
All compulsory works have to be passed.
- Approved exercises
Further on evaluation
About the assessment:
Written report with abstract in Norwegian and English. The report must be signed by all group members and uploaded before deadline to be evaluated.
Additionally, an oral presentation of the project is required. From this, the examiners may calibrate the preliminary grade from the written project +/- one grade, and the official grade is decided. Anyhow, the students must pass written report (better than F) to meet for oral presentation.
Two examiners evaluate each project, and at least one is an external examiner.
At the start of the semester, more guidelines about the course is presented on Blackboard.
About continuation: If the bachelor course is not passed, the students may perform an improved dissertation by the end of the next semester as a re-sit. In this case, 5 hours of tutoring is offered.
Later, the students must carry out a new bachelor project according to ordinary rules in the course description at the time for re-sit.
Exam registration requires that class registration is approved in the same semester. Compulsory activities from previous semester may be approved by the department.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Logistics Management (BLOG)
Required previous knowledge
The students must have earned 105 ECTS before Sept.01.in the fall semester where the bachelor work starts. The ECTS must be earned during semesters 1-4, and include passed exams in Mathematics for economists (7,5 ECTS)and Statistics for economists (7,5 ECTS) .
The literature will mainly depend on the chosen topic for the project.
In general, the following literature gives useful guidance:
- A. Johannessen, L. Christoffersen og P. A. Tufte. Forskningsmetode for økonomisk-administrative fag, ISBN: 9788279353195
- R. Hammervold. En kort innføring i SPSS: Anvendelser innen multivariate statstikk. ISBN: 9788251928847
- M. Stene. Vitenskapelig forfatterskap. ISBN: 9788246300252
- H. Westhagen m.flere. Prosjektarbeid: Utviklings- og endringskompetanse. ISBN: 9788205383616
Credits: 15.0 SP
Study level: Third-year courses, level III
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2020
Term no.: 2
Teaching semester: SPRING 2021
Language of instruction: Norwegian
- Economics and Administration
Department with academic responsibility
Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management
Examination arrangement: Bachelor's Thesis
- Term Status code Evaluation form Weighting Examination aids Date Time Digital exam Room *
- Spring ORD Assignment 100/100 A INSPERA
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"