Course - Web Technology and Teamwork - DIFT1001
DIFT1001 - Web Technology and Teamwork
Examination arrangement: Project
Grade: Passed / Not Passed
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
First learn about working in teams and thereafter the team will use this knowledge to do a project and present the result of this. In this process one should use the knowledge about roles and models for team establishment and team development, use principals for project implementation and administration and use principals for presentation techniques.
- understands the client-server architecture in the context of web browser and web server
- knows the difference between static and dynamic web pages
- knows the HTTP protocol and cryptographic communication using HTTPS
- understands the structure of a URL, domain names and ports
- knows the difference between absoute and relative addressing
- knows the behaviour of a search engine
- understands the importance of following web standards
- has fundemental knowledge about universal design and principals for good usabiliy
- has knowlege of conditions for a successful team work and different roles related to this
- has knowledge of how to establish and further develop a team
- has knowledge avout planning and running projects
- knows the principals of effective oral and written communication
- develop and publish a functional website
- code HTML and CSS with the use of a standard text editor
- upload the webside to a webserver using SFTP
- change the look of the website using internal og external CSS
- using frameworks to unite the development process
- add multimedia (graphics, images, sound, video) on the website
- integrate external services on the website
- can administer process documentation and use ICT-tools properly in a team
- can contribute actively to run a effective project using a team
- can refelct over ones contribution to the team and adapt to the actual working situation
- can present results of the conducted project work both verbally and written
- obtains a fundemental understanding og how a modern website is constructed
- has understanding that ones actions affects the team
Learning methods and activities
Lectures, material and mandatory exercises, lab work, team meetings, deliveries related to project, presentation of project. There is a focus on doing tasks in teams such that one gets practical experience with team work. This demands an active participation of the individual team members during the semester.
Further on evaluation
Final delivery of the project is graded with pass/not-pased according to the specifications in the project description.
Continuation is possible next time the course is given.
In mandatory activites are
- Partipation at meetings and presentation of project
- Delivering exersizes in web technology (5 og 7)
- Delivieres in team work
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Digital Business Development (ITBAITBEDR)
Recommended previous knowledge
This course should be taken in parallel with Fundamental programming.
Required previous knowledge
This course is reserved for students admitted to "Digital forretningsutvikling".
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Foundation courses, level I
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2023
Language of instruction: Norwegian
- Information Technology and Informatics
Examination arrangement: Project
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"