Course - Bachelor Thesis Electronic Systems Engineer - IELS3020
IELS3020 - Bachelor Thesis Electronic Systems Engineer
Lessons are not given in the academic year 2023/2024
Themes are selected based on your own subject area
Knowledge - The candidate
- has in-depth knowledge of a selected topic within the subject area
- has knowledge of research and development work within the topic
Skills - The Candidate
- can identify, formulate and solve a relevant engineering problem
- can apply knowledge and relevant results from research and development work to solve theoretical, technical and practical problems within the topic of the bachelor thesis and justify their choices
- can apply engineering methods and be able to work methodically
- can plan and carry out engineering work
General competence - The candidate
- imparts professional knowledge to various target groups both in writing and orally in Norwegian and English
- has insight into scientific honesty and understanding of ethical issues
- has insight into the environmental, health, social and economic consequences of products and solutions within their field and can put these in an ethical perspective and a life cycle perspective
- integrates previously acquired knowledge and is able to acquire new knowledge in solving a problem
Learning methods and activities
Carried out in groups of 2-3
- Pre-project plan
- Documentation of the work process shall include status reports, meeting notices, meeting minutes and timesheets.
- Oral presentation in English during the process
- Preparation of posters (poster) either at the end or during the process
- Oral presentation of the submitted bachelor thesis
- Pre Project
Further on evaluation
The bachelor thesis and any product are considered as a whole. Group grades are used on a scale of A - F. UHR's Karakterbeskrivelser og vurderingskriterier for sensur av bacheloroppgaver i ingeniørfag are followed
If the bachelor thesis is assessed as Fail or grade F, the student(s) must submit a new thesis. Improvement/reworking is not sufficient. The thesis can present the same topic area with the same empirical/data basis.
The deadline for submitting the bachelor's thesis in engineering education is 20.5 at 12.00 regardless of year. If 20.5 a year falls on a weekend or public holiday, the submission deadline will be the following working day
The thesis must reflect on the sustainability relevance of the thesis based on the UN's sustainability goals
Preliminary project will be carried out in early January and must be approved. Assessment of the assignment is made on the basis of the project implementation, the report and the result of the work.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Electronic Systems Engineer (BIELSYS)
Credits: 22.5 SP
Study level: Third-year courses, level III
Language of instruction: Norwegian
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"