Course - Master Thesis in Science Education - MGLU5209
MGLU5209 - Master Thesis in Science Education
Lessons are not given in the academic year 2020/2021
This course consists of work with the master thesis. Under guidance, the student designs and carries out a research project that is documented through a written assignment, the master thesis. The topic of the thesis is decided by the student together with the students advisor and will vary according to topic. An important part of the work is to familiarise him- or herself with literature relevant for the thesis, and thus the course material is individual.
- has advanced, specialised knowledge within an area of science education or the didactics of one the disciplines of science
- has thorough knowledge about what is required from an academic text in science education
- has knowledge about reference standards for academic texts
- can, under guidance, design and carry out a research project according to current research ethical norms
- can use relevant methods for research in science education in an independent way
- can find one's way in and be critical of different sources of information
- can refer to information sources according to recognized standards
- can understand literature relevant for conducting research within a specific area of science education
- can communicate a large independent research project using the subjects forms of expression
- can contribute to developing science as a subject in school
Learning methods and activities
Own study with tutoring indivually or in groups.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Primary and Lower Secondary Teacher Education for Years 1-7 (MGLU1-7)
Primary and Lower Secondary Teacher Education for Years 5-10 (MGLU5-10)
Credits: 30.0 SP
Study level: Second degree level
Language of instruction: Norwegian
- Teacher Education
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"