Course - Main instrument and performing C - MUSP4170
MUSP4170 - Main instrument and performing C
Examination arrangement: Practical exam
Grade: Passed / Not Passed
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
|Practical exam||100/100||30 minutes|
The subject builds upon the contains of Instrument and Performing B, or equivalent. Individual lessons in main instrument with emphasis on independent work. The subject emphasizes concert training and ensemble training, and the student must participate with solo or chamber musical repertoire in at least three concerts during the academic year. At least one of the concerts must be part of Department of Music's own concerts. The concerts are to be documented and approved in the semester reports.
Compulsory course in Music Presentation/Performance Psychology: The course includes selected themes as organizing concerts, performing on stage, program planning, communication, the role of the manager, the role of the music producer, target audiences etc. The student will gain experience in preparation, implementation, and evaluation through a compulsory presentation project. The course includes basic knowledge of mental and physical strategies of mastering pressure in performing situations. The course also includes basic strategies of learning and practice.
- shows artistic expression and masters different performing situations
- has instrumental/vocal skills in order to realize her/his artistic intentions
- can work goal-oriented and independent, alone or together with others
- masters and has experience in playing in different kinds of ensembles
- has practical experience in prima vista playing/singing.
- has knowledge of and masters techniques for rehearsing, practice and preparing for performances
- has knowledge of the main lines of the repertoire of her/his instrument
- has knowledge of practical performing preparations.
Learning methods and activities
- Main instrument individual lessons for 25 weeks
- Accompanying lessons for relevant instruments 30 minutes per week for 25 weeks
- Concert forum 2 hours per week for up to 20 weeks
- Music presentation/Performance psychology 2 hours per week for up to 20 weeks
- Ensemble 2 hour per week in 10 weeks. Except organ.
- Projects, various lessons
The resource in ensemble and Concert forum might be redistributed.
- Participation in three concerts
- Satisfactory participation in compulsory instruction
- Course in music performance/performance psychology
Further on evaluation
All mandatory activities must be approved before the student can be examintated.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Music Performance Studies (BMUSP)
Required previous knowledge
Passed MUSP4160 or equivalent.
Credits: 30.0 SP
Study level: Third-year courses, level III
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2023
Term no.: 2
Teaching semester: SPRING 2024
Language of instruction: Norwegian
- Music Performance Studies
- Arne Johansen
- Carsten Harboe Stabell
- Else Bø
- Espen Angelo Aalberg
- Hans Petter Stangnes
- Hilde Gjermundsen
- Irene Ruud
- Jarl Strømdal
- John Ivar Knutzen
- Jørgen Larsen
- Knut Erik Jensen
- Kyrre Havdal
- Margaret Anne Stachiewicz
- Marianne Thorsen
- Marianne Baudouin Lie
- Mikal Engen
- Mona Elisabeth Spigseth
- Rik Gerda Renaat de Geyter
- Rolf Hoff Baltzersen
- Sarah Louise Warner Vik
- Stig Førde Aarskog
- Trine Knutsen
- Trygve Brøske
- Øivind Farmen
- Øyvind Gimse
Department with academic responsibility
Department of Music
Examination arrangement: Practical exam
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
- Spring ORD Practical exam 100/100
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"