Course - Advanced Topics 2 - MUSV3126
MUSV3126 - Advanced Topics 2
Lessons are not given in the academic year 2020/2021
This specialisation course is equivalent to MUSV3101 and MUSV3111 in both its design and its role in the composition line. The course is designed with a thematic framework that can include the history of music, popular music, ethnomusicology, or another musicological subdiscipline. The specific academic content in the course is not fully set, but will be posted on Innsida across the spring semester.
The goal is that the student will have the opportunity to immerse themselves within a limited area of one of musicologys subdisciplines. The learning goals will be described in more detail along with the subjects content description.
A candidate who completes the qualifications for the subject MUSV3126
- can formulate their knowledge in a convincing manner in both written and oral forms
- can make their own, independent reflections on the basis of and as an extension of the acquired knowledge
- can apply the acquired knowledge concerning analysis and research methods on materials that are both new and unknown to the candidate
- can reflect on their own professional practice in the areas that the specialized subject covers as well as further develop such practice
Learning methods and activities
Lectures and seminars in which the student is required to participate actively. Bachelor's thesis must be delivered in the course code MUSV2031.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Music Performance (MMUSP)
Music Performance Studies (BMUSK)
Music Performance Studies (BMUSP)
Music Technology (BMUST)
Music Technology (MMUST)
Required previous knowledge
Requires admission to one of the Bachelor's programmes or Master's programmes in Musicology, Music Technology or Music Performance Studies.
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Second degree level
Language of instruction: Norwegian
Department with academic responsibility
Department of Music
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"