Course - Assistive Technologies (AT) as Enabler of Everyday Activities and Participation - PAH3007
PAH3007 - Assistive Technologies (AT) as Enabler of Everyday Activities and Participation
Lessons are not given in the academic year 2023/2024
Examination arrangement: Home examination
Grade: Letter grades
|Evaluation||Weighting||Duration||Grade deviation||Examination aids|
|Home examination||100/100||3 days|
AT is offered to individuals as a part of social and health care services to promote independence and quality of life at home/school/work or in leisure activities. This course will give students knowledge and skills to understand and facilitate the use of AT as enabler of everyday activities and participation.
- has in depth knowledge about the compound nature of AT construct
- has advanced knowledge about how technology can enable and restrict daily life activities and participation
- has advanced knowledge on how contextual and dialectic relationship between the individual, AT and environment can enable occupational performance in self-care, health services, play and leisure
- has knowledge about different technologies that may be used for assisted living purposes in different health services, among these technologies for safety and security, compensations and wellbeing, activities, social contact and participation, prevention, treatment, and care
- has extensive knowledge on ethical and organizational issues regarding AT
- has knowledge about research methods to be used in order to study AT
- can analyze interactions between individuals and AT within a health context
- can participate in and stimulate to multidisciplinary collaboration in use of AT
- can identify technical and health- and welfare-related prerequisites for use of AT
- can assist users and caregivers in choosing relevant AT solutions
- can identify risks and ethical challenges
- can empower users and caregivers to handle risks and ethical challenges
- can collaborate with users, informal and formal caregivers, and service providers on a professional level for the planning and introduction of AT
- can understand challenges and prerequisites for implementation of AT as enabler of everyday activities and participation
- can contribute to understanding the impact of introduction of AT innovation
Learning methods and activities
Introduction in plenum, group work, seminars.
- Group report
- Group presentation
Further on evaluation
Exam registration requires that class registration is approved in the same semester. Regular final examination is given in the autumn semester only. Students with legitimate leave of absence at the final examination and students who receive the grade F may take a re-sit examination in the spring semester. If few candidates, the re-sit examination may be conducted as an oral examination. The compulsory activity is approved for 4 semesters. With approved compulsory activity, the students resit the examination only.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Physical Activity and Health (MSPAHE)
Recommended previous knowledge
Basic understanding of or experience with use of AT.
Required previous knowledge
Admission to the MSc in Physical Activity and Health. The course is compulsory for students admitted to the specialization in Occupational Science. It is optional for other students admitted to the master's programme. Exchange students may be accepted after an individual evaluation.
Course literature will be presented at the start of the semester.
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Second degree level
Language of instruction: English
- Health Science
- Medical Technology
Department with academic responsibility
Department of Neuromedicine and Movement Science
Examination arrangement: Home examination
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Examination system Room *
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"