Course - Ship Design III - Design Methods - SKID2300
SKID2300 - Ship Design III - Design Methods
Lessons are not given in the academic year 2020/2021
- Main characters
- Hull design
- Weight estimation
- Load conditions
- General Arrangement
- Top-down and Bottom-Up approaches
- Design Trade-offs
- Relevant Ship Design Methods
- Different Ship Types
- Owners requirements
- Class requirements
- Statutory requirements
- Main dimensions and lines
- Decision-making tools
- Application of relevant computer program for design of lines.
- Application of relevant computer program for calculation of lightship weight - distribution and load conditions.
- Stability requirements
- General Arrangement Drawings
Learning methods and activities
Teaching methods and activities
Lectures, excercises, laboratory tests and project work.
- Project Work
Further on evaluation
Resit exam : Oral examination
Limited admission to classes.
Exam registration requires that class registration is approved in the same semester. Compulsory activities from previous semester may be approved by the department.
Recommended previous knowledge
IP204912 Ship Design I
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Third-year courses, level III
Language of instruction: English, Norwegian
- Marine Structures
Department with academic responsibility
Department of Ocean Operations and Civil Engineering
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"