Course - RAMS Engineering and Data Analytics - TPK5165
TPK5165 - RAMS Engineering and Data Analytics
The course provides insights, statistic techniques and data analysis approaches on incorporating reliability, maintainability, and safety (RAMS) into a product or a system at all phases of its life cycle, with the focus on the design and development phases. Key topics of this course include: development of a RAMS engineering program, requirement analysis, system design principles for high RAMS performance, and the data analytics in design for RAMS, RAMS verification and validation, field and laboratory tests, RAMS parameter prediction, production control and product warranty.
The course provides insight on how to incorporate reliability, maintainability, and safety aspects (RAMS) into all phases of the life cycle of a product or a system.
The students shall acquire skills of relevance to join product development teams. Students shall also learn how to analyze data collected in the fields and laboratories, and be able to give guidance on data collection related with reliability, maintenances and safety.
The students shall learn that multi-discipline collaboration is important to solve RAMS challenges. The students shall also learn that product development may lead to ethical and environmental challenges.
Learning methods and activities
Lectures, project work and exercises. A mandatory project shall be carried out individual as the basis of evaluation. The lectures and exercises are in English when students who do not speak Norwegian take the course. If the teaching is given in English and the semester project can be delivered in English. Students are free to choose Norwegian or English for written assessments.
Further on evaluation
- Students need to attend compulsory lectures tutorials.
- Four of five assignments need to be finished.
- Presentation on a relevant topic and group works on project report.
- Mandatory work from previous semester can be accepted by the Department by re-take of an examination if there have not been any significant changes later.
- For a re-take of an examination, all assessments during the course that counts in the final grade must be re-taken.
- If there is a re-sit examination, the examination form may be changed from written to oral.
Compulsory activities from previous semester may be approved by the department.
Recommended previous knowledge
Basic knowledge about statistics and engineering.
The course material can be downloaded from Blackboard.
Credits: 7.5 SP
Study level: Second degree level
Term no.: 1
Teaching semester: AUTUMN 2021
Language of instruction: English
- Product Design Engineering - Design Methodology
- Safety, Reliability and Maintenance
- Production and Quality Engineering
- Risk Analysis
- Technological subjects
Department with academic responsibility
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Examination arrangement: Portfolio assessment
- Term Status code Evaluation Weighting Examination aids Date Time Digital exam Room *
- Autumn ORD Work 30/100 A
Room Building Number of candidates
- Autumn ORD Written examination 70/100 C 2021-12-04 09:00
Room Building Number of candidates
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date. If more than one room is listed, you will find your room at Studentweb.
For more information regarding registration for examination and examination procedures, see "Innsida - Exams"