TTM4165 - Digital Economics
The digitization of the economy is one of the most critical issues of our time. Digital technologies has transformed businesses and peoples life, and will continue to do so in the future. This course is about digital economics and how the digital economy influences markets, the digital society and organisations. We learn about how Internet, sharing economy, social networks, BigData and mobile communications change global businesses and how to create value for humans and enterprises in the digital society.
The course consists of two parts:
1) Basic theory in digital economics, including: value creation models, digital business models and market regulations.
2) Digital economics in context, and how the digital economy influences societies, environment, poverty, privacy, strategy, financial operations and city development.
1) To get knowledge in digital economics.
2) To get knowledge on how the digital economy influences its surroundings.
1) To perform an analysis of a value network.
2) To perform an analysis and to construct a business model.
3 To be able to write an independent essay within a chosen topic.
Learning methods and activities
Lectures, exercises and essay. Many of the lecturers come from norwegian ICT industry and public sector.
Further on evaluation
Portfolio assessment is the basis for the grade in the course. The portfolio includes the following:
1) exercises which combined count 20%
2) topic question for the essay which counts 20%, and
3) essay which counts 60%.
The results for the parts are given in %-scores. The entire portfolio is assigned a letter grade (final grade). The topic question and the essay should be written according to given instructions.
If a student has the final grade F/failed, the student must repeat the entire course. Works that count in the final grade must be repeated.
Recommended previous knowledge
Basic knowledge about communication networks and services, e.g. TTM4100 Communication - Services and Networks, or equivalent.
To be announced at the beginning of the term.
Examination arrangement: Portfolio assessment
|Term||Statuskode||Evaluation form||Weighting||Examination aids||Date||Time||Room *|
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date.