Background and activities
Mazaher Kianpour is a PhD candidate at NTNU. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering (Software) from the Payame Noor University. He obtained his Master’s degree in Architecture of Computer Systems from Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran. He started his PhD in Information Security at NTNU in May 2018. His PhD research lies at the intersection of economics and information security with a socio-technical perspective. He has several years of work experience at Tehran University of Medical Sciences, and his professional training includes Computer Networks, Cybersecurity and Risk Management.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2021) A functional BCI model by the P2731 working group: psychology. Brain-Computer Interfaces.
- (2020) Knowledge and Skills Needed to Craft Successful Cybersecurity Strategies. Norsk Informasjonssikkerhetskonferanse (NISK).
- (2020) Timing Attacks on Machine Learning: State of the Art. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. vol. 1037.
- (2019) Social Preferences in Decision Making Under Cybersecurity Risks and Uncertainties. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 11594 LNCS.
- (2019) Cyber Weapons Storage Mechanisms. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 11611 LNCS.
- (2019) A Socio-technical Systems Approach to Design and Support Systems Thinking in Cybersecurity and Risk Management Education. Complex Systems Informatics and Modeling Quarterly.
- (2019) A Socio-Technical Framework to Improve cyber security training: A Work in Progress. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 2398.
- (2018) Using a socio-technical systems approach to design and support systems thinking in cyber security education. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 2107.
Part of book/report
- (2021) Heterogeneous Preferences and Patterns of Contribution in Cybersecurity as a Public Good. Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence (ICAART 2021).
- (2020) The Root Causes of Compromised Accounts at the University. Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Information Systems Security and Privacy.
- (2019) Cybersecurity Awareness and Culture in Rural Norway. Thirteenth International Symposium on Human Aspects of Information Security & Assurance (HAISA 2019).
- (2019) Designing Serious Games for Cyber Ranges: A Socio-technical Approach. 2019 IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy Workshops (EuroS&PW).
- (2019) Security Knowledge Management in Open Source Software Communities. Innovative Security Solutions for Information Technology and Communications. SECITC 2018.
- (2019) An Empirical Study of Security Culture in Open Source Software Communities. Proceedings of the 2019 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM), Vancouver, Canada, 27-30 August, 2019..