TTM4175 - Communication Technology, introduction
This is an introductory course to Communication Technology, with focus on laboratory work. The course consists of three parts:
1. Introduction to basic communication technology, including an introduction to report writing.
2. Laboratory assignment in ethical hacking
3. Laboratory assignment covering the Internet of Things (IoT)
The main goal of the course is to give students basic knowledge of communication technology, experience and skills of laboratory work, and to motivate for future studies within communication technology.
Detailed learning goals are as follows:
1) To get a basic overview of communication technology as an academic discipline.
2) To get a basic understanding of security mechanisms.
3) To get a basic understanding of how an application can be composed using existing components, and how these components interact with each other.
1) To be able to write a technical project report from a scientific laboratory work.
2) To be able to use tools for security analysis.
3) To be able to plan and construct a new application from components.
4) To use development tools.
5) To find relevant information online.
Learning methods and activities
The course consists of two laboratory assignments and lectures. Attendance to the lectures and the lab hours is compulsory. Laboratory assignments will be performed in groups. Each assignment will be graded to passed / not passed. To pass the course, both laboratory assignments must be passed. The lectures will give an introduction to selected topics and support the laboratory assignments.
Exam registration requires that class registration is approved in the same semester. Compulsory activities from previous semester may be approved by the department.
Admission to a programme of study is required:
Communication Technology (MTKOM)
Required previous knowledge
This course is for 1-year MTKOM (Kommunikasjonsteknologi) students only.
To be announced at the beginning of the term.
Examination arrangement: Work
|Term||Statuskode||Evaluation form||Weighting||Examination aids||Date||Time||Room *|
- * The location (room) for a written examination is published 3 days before examination date.