MSc in Sustainable Energy
New student 2019
12 August: Matriculation ceremony
- Time: 09.30
- Place: Gløshaugen Campus
Matriculation ceremony part II:
- Time: 14.30
- Place: Room B602, "Varmeteknisk" building, Gløshaugen Campus
13 - 16 August: Orientation week
We strongly encourage all new international students to attend Orientation Week 13 - 16 August. It is an ideal opportunity for you to get to know NTNU and Trondheim.
Norwegian students admitted to an international Master’s programme are not required to attend the Orientation week activities for new international students. However, Norwegian students are required to attend the matriculation ceremony on 14 August, since the matriculation ceremony is compulsory for all new students.
About the programme
As a student at the Master's programme in Sustainable Energy, you will see what possibilities there are to reduce our energy consumption, make it’s generation more sustainable and thereby reduce our global CO2 emissions.
Over the past 40 years there has been abundance of cheap energy in our part of the western world, and there has been little focus on energy savings or reducing environmental and climate impacts from the suppliers' side. Reports from the International Energy Agency (IEA) show that the end use of energy is now one of the key areas for reducing CO2 emissions.
The programme is a two year international full time Master Degree programme (120 ECTS credits). It is targeted towards both Norwegian and international students, with a variety of academic and cultural backgrounds. All courses at NTNU are 7.5 ECTS credits and given in English.
The Master's programme has the following three specialization options:
- Energy use in Buildings (SEUIB)
- Sustainable Heat Pumping Processes and Systems (SHPPAS)
- Sustainable Energy Systems and Markets (SESAM)
Key facts about the programme
- Specializations SEUIB and SHPPAS are 2 year International Master Programme
- Specialization SESAM is a two-year double-degree program with TU Berlin.
- Requirements: BSC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering/Energy and Environmental Engineering
- All courses given in English
- Required TOEFL score 600/90
- NTNU is Norway's top ranked engineering university, and the only university in Norway to offer a complete engineering programme.
- No tuition or administrative fees
- Expected living and housing costs per year: approx 90.000 NOK (proof of funds required to get visa)
- The job market for mechanical engineering graduates in Norway is excellent
- Top students are encouraged to apply!
Host department: Department of Energy and Process Engineering
Mon, 05 Feb 2018 15:13:19 +0100
Questions about your international Master's application?
Having trouble with your online application for our international Master of Science programme? Wondering when the deadlines are, or what kind of language requirements must be fulfilled? We have answered all these questions and more in our FAQ.