Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Influence of Microstructure on the Consolidation of Compressed Snow. Journal of cold regions engineering.
- (2015) The effect of common de-icing chemicals on the hardness of compacted snow. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 109.
- (2014) Thermal Aspects of Melting Ice with Deicer Chemicals. Transportation Research Record. vol. 2440.
- (2014) The effect of sodium chloride solution on the hardness of compacted snow. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 102.
- (2013) Wet pavement anti-icing - A physical mechanism. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 96.
- (2012) Braking performance of commercial airplanes during operation on winter contaminated runways. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 79-80.
- (2010) Effects of Temperature Change on Cross-Country Ski Characteristics. Procedia Engineering. vol. 2 (2).
- (2010) Friction Insights.... when tyres meet ice on the road. Nordic Road and Transport Research. vol. 2.
- (2010) Comparison between rubber-ice and sand-ice friction and the effect of loose snow contamination. Tribology International. vol. 43 (5-6).
- (2010) Microstructural investigation of ice surfaces after rubber-ice and sand-ice sliding friction tests. Tribology International. vol. 43 (5-6).
Part of book/report
- (2013) Friction, Ice, and Snow. Encyclopedia of Tribology.
- (2010) Assessing airport runway conditions—A Bayesian approach. Reliability, risk and safety : back to the future.
- (2007) Runway Operability under Cold Weather Conditions. 2007. ISBN 9788247147368. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (2007-215).
- (2007) Study of Warm, Pre-wetted Sanding Method at Airports in Norway. 2007.
- (2006) Airport Operations Under Cold Weather Conditions: Observations on Operative Runways in Norway. 2006.