Background and activities
My primary occupation is as a Senior Research Scientist at Telenor Research, where I focus on personalisation and machine learning. My doctorate is in computer science from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, where I'm also also an adjunct associate professor. My research interests include knowledge-intensive case-based reasoning, cognitive science and intelligent systems in general.
As adjunct associate professor I focus on applied artificial intelligence, in particular in the areas of telecom and intelligent traffic systems. I also lead the Gemini centre on applied artificial intelligence.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Case-based reasoning for improvein traffic flow in urban intersections. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 8765.
- (2014) Learning to Rank for Personalized Fashion Recommender Systems via Implicit Feedback. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 8891.
- (2013) Proceed with Caution: Transition from Paper to Computerized Pain Body Maps. Procedia Computer Science. volum 21.
- (2013) ESUMS: A mobile system for continuous home monitoring of rehabilitation patients. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference Proceedings. volum 35th.
- (2012) Social Network for Elderly. Lecture Notes in Informatics. volum 204.
- (2012) Co-Living Social Community for Elderly. Lecture Notes in Informatics. volum 204.
- (2012) Towards quality assurance of AAL services. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics. volum 177.
- (2011) Modelling with Problem Frames: The Knowledge Needed for Explanation-Aware Ambient Intelligent Systems. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications. volum 227.
- (2011) Modelling with Problem Frames: Explanations and Context in Ambient Intelligent Systems. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 6967.
- (2011) A design for a tourist CF system. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications. volum 227.
- (2011) myEACBR – myCBR as explanation-aware Protégé plugin. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. volum 829.
- (2011) Myrmidia - Case-based reasoning for Warhammer Fantasy Battle army building. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. volum 829.
- (2010) Proxies for Privacy in Ambient Systems. Journal of Wireless Mobile Networks, Ubiquitous Computing, and Dependable Applications. volum 1 (4).
- (2010) An empirical investigation of attitude towards location-aware social network service. International Journal of Mobile Communications. volum 8 (1).
- (2009) Case-Based Reasoning for Situation-Aware Ambient Intelligence: A Hospital Ward Evaluation Study. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 5650.
- (2008) Explanatory Capabilities in the CREEK Knowledge-Intensive Case-Based Reasoner. Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications. volum 173.
- (2008) Learning in an Ambient Intelligent Environment - Towards Modelling Learners through Stereotypes. Revue d'intelligence artificielle : Revue des Sciences et Technologies de l'Information. volum 22 (5).
- (2008) Learning in an ambient intelligent environment : towards modelling learners through stereotypes. Revue d'intelligence artificielle : Revue des Sciences et Technologies de l'Information. volum 22 (5).
- (2007) Explanations and Case-Based Reasoning in Ambient Intelligent Systems. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. volum 271.
- (2007) Explanations and Context in Ambient Intelligent Systems. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 4635.
Postal addressDepartment of Computer and Information Science Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
- Other information technology
- Communication and distributed systems
- Knowledge-based systems
- Theory of knowledge
- Knowledge systems
- Distributed systems
- Artificial intelligence
- Mobile informatics
- Learning and problem-solving
- Mobile applications & services
- Mobile communication & computing
- Knowledge management
- Case-Based Reasoning
- Knowledge modelling
- Knowledge acquisition