Background and activities
Anne Borg was appointed Dean of the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology on August 1, 2013.
She was Vice Dean for Education at the faculty 2005-2013. Anne Borg is professor in condensed matter physics since 1998 at the Department of Physics.
Anne Borg (born 1958) has an MSc (sivilingeniør) in Applied Physics from NTH (1982) and a PhD in Physics from NTH (1988).
She is author/co-author of a large number of publications in international journals with referee. She has been the supervisor for eight PhD candidates and five postdocs.
- Surface Physics
- Materials Physics
- Scanning probe microscopy
- Photoemission Spectroscopy
- Density functional theory
- The Norwegian Physical Society (President 2004-2007)
- The Royal Norwegian Academy of Sciences and Letters (DKNVS)
- Norwegian Academy of Technical Sciences (NTVA)
- Board member, Department of Physics, NTNU, 1997-1999
- Committees of the Swedish Research Council, 2001-2013
- Member of the IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics, 2004-2011
- Board member of Norwegian Academy of Technical Sciences (NTVA), 2005-2006
- Board member, MAX-lab, the Swedish National Synchrotron Facility, Lund, Sweden, 2006-2010
- Board member, the Abel Board, since 2010
- Board member, SIGMA2 since 2015
For more information, see my CV to the left under contact information.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) TiOx thin films grown on Pd(100) and Pd(111) by chemical vapor deposition. Surface Science. vol. 649.
- (2016) Reversed Hysteresis during CO Oxidation over Pd75Ag25(100). ACS Catalysis. vol. 6.
- (2016) Photochemistry of Carboxylate on TiO2(110) Studied with Synchrotron Radiation Photoelectron Spectroscopy. Langmuir. vol. 32.
- (2015) Water Adsorption on TiOx Thin Films Grown on Au(111). Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 119 (12).
- (2015) Growth of TiO2(B)(001) on Au(111) by chemical vapor deposition. Surface Science. vol. 633.
- (2015) Thickness dependent effects of solubility and surface phenomena on the hydrogen transport properties of sputtered Pd77%Ag23% thin film membranes. Journal of Membrane Science. vol. 476.
- (2014) H2 reduction of surface oxides on Pd-based membrane model systems - The case of Pd(100) and Pd75Ag25(100). Applied Surface Science. vol. 313.
- (2014) Reduction Behavior of Oxidized Pd(100) and Pd75Ag25(100) Surfaces Using CO. Surface Science. vol. 621.
- (2014) A high pressure x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy study of CO oxidation over Rh(100). Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter. vol. 26 (5:055003).
- (2014) Competing water dissociation channels on rutile TiO2(110). Surface Science. vol. 621.
- (2014) Photoemission studies of water dissociation on rutile TiO2(110): Aspects on experimental procedures and the influence of steps. Applied Surface Science. vol. 303.
- (2013) A Molecular Mechanism for the Water-Hydroxyl Balance during Wetting of TiO2. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 117 (33).
- (2013) Generation and oxidation of aerosol deposited PdAg nanoparticles. Surface Science. vol. 616.
- (2013) In situ X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy of Model Catalysts: At the Edge of the Gap. Physical Review Letters. vol. 110 (11).
- (2013) Attracting Girls to Physics. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1517.
- (2013) Oxide Formation and CO-Induced Oxide Reduction on Pd75Ag25(100) Surface. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1517.
- (2013) On the Recruitment and Participation of Women in Physics: A Report from Norway. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1517.
- (2013) Chemical vapor deposition of ordered TiOx nanostructures on Au(111). Surface Science. vol. 617.
- (2013) Heterogeneous reaction between Li and anatase TiO2 nanoparticles under ultra-high vacuum. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 15 (29).
- (2013) Controlled modification of nanoporous gold: Chemical Vapor deposition of TiO2 in ultrahigh vacuum. Applied Surface Science. vol. 282.