Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Estimating the prevalence and burden of major disorders of the brain in Nepal: methodology of a nationwide population-based study. Journal of Headache and Pain. vol. 15.
- (2014) Estimating prevalence and burden of major disorders of the brain in Nepal: cultural, geographic, logistic and philosophical issues of methodology. Journal of Headache and Pain. vol. 15 (1).
- (2014) Gender and offender status predicting treatment success in refugees and asylum seekers with PTSD. European Journal of Psychotraumatology. vol. 5.
- (2014) Nondirective meditation activates brain areas associated with retrieval of memories and emotional processing. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. vol. 8.
- (2014) Nondirective meditation activates default mode network and areas associated with memory retrieval and emotional processing. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. vol. 8 (86).
- (2013) Treating PTSD in refugees and asylum seekers within the general health care system. A randomized controlled multicenter study. Behaviour Research and Therapy. vol. 51 (10).
- (2012) Depression, anxiety, and neuroticism in obese patients waiting for bariatric surgery: Differences between patients with and without eating disorders and subthreshold binge eating disorders. Obesity Research and Clinical Practice. vol. 6 (2).
- (2012) Increased heart rate variability during nondirective meditation. European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation. vol. 19 (4).
- (2012) Suicide Attempters and Repeaters: Depression and Coping A Prospective Study of Early Adolescents Followed up as Young Adults. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. vol. 200 (3).
- (2012) Risk communication and the willingness to follow evacuation instructions in a natural disaster. Health, Risk and Society. vol. 14 (1).
- (2012) Risk communication and worried publics in an imminent rockslide and tsunami situation. Journal of Risk Research. vol. 15 (6).
- (2011) Mental Health Outcomes and Predictors of Chronic Disorders After the North Sea Oil Rig Disaster 27-Year Longitudinal Follow-Up Study. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. vol. 199 (1).
- (2011) Disaster Survivors in Their Third Decade: Trajectories of Initial Stress Responses and Long-Term Course of Mental Health. Journal of Traumatic Stress. vol. 24 (3).
- (2011) Change in Defense Mechanisms During Short-Term Dynamic and Cognitive Therapy in Patients With Cluster C Personality Disorders. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. vol. 199 (9).
- (2011) Similarities and Differences in Caring Burden of Home Dwellers With Partners Suffering From Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or Dementia. Home Health Care Management & Practice. vol. 23 (2).
- (2011) Personality features, caring burden and mental health of cohabitants of partners with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or dementia. Aging & Mental Health. vol. 15 (3).
- (2011) Differences in social support of caregivers living with partners suffering from COPD or dementia. International Journal of Older People Nursing. vol. 8 (2).
- (2011) Communicating risk to parents and those living in areas with disaster history. Public Relations Review. vol. 37 (4).
- (2010) Initial Stress Responses in Relation to Outcome After Three Decades. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. vol. 198 (3).
- (2010) Reactivation of posttraumatic stress in male disaster survivors: The role of residual symptoms. Journal of Anxiety Disorders. vol. 24 (4).