Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Can we rely on simulated patients' satisfaction with their consultation for assessing medical students' communication skills? A cross-sectional study. BMC Medical Education. vol. 15:225.
- (2015) Medical students' preferences for problem-based learning in relation to culture and personality: a multicultural study. International Journal of Medical Education. vol. 19 (6).
- (2015) Undertreated Hypertension and its Implications for Public Health in Nepal: Nationwide Population-Based Survey. Kathmandu University Medical Journal. vol. 13 (1).
- (2015) Measuring neuroticism in Nepali: Reliability and validity of the neuroticism subscale of the eysenck personality questionnaire. Kathmandu University Medical Journal. vol. 13 (50).
- (2015) The prevalence of primary headache disorders in Nepal: a nationwide population-based study. The Journal of Headache and Pain. vol. 16:95.
- (2015) Attempted suicide and repeated attempts from adolescence to early adulthood: depresssion and stressful events. Suicidologi. vol. 20 (2).
- (2015) Prognosis and psychosocial outcomes of attempted suicide by early adolescence. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. vol. 203 (4).
- (2015) Reliability and validity of a Nepali-language version of the hospital anxiety and depression scale (HADS). Kathmandu University Medical Journal. vol. 13 (50).
- (2015) Fet, feit eller bare overvektig = Fat, obese or just overweight. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 135 (19).
- (2014) Estimating the prevalence and burden of major disorders of the brain in Nepal: methodology of a nationwide population-based study. The Journal of Headache and Pain. vol. 15.
- (2014) Estimating prevalence and burden of major disorders of the brain in Nepal: cultural, geographic, logistic and philosophical issues of methodology. The Journal of Headache and Pain. vol. 15 (1).
- (2014) Gender and offender status predicting treatment success in refugees and asylum seekers with PTSD. European Journal of Psychotraumatology. vol. 5.
- (2014) Nondirective meditation activates brain areas associated with retrieval of memories and emotional processing. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. vol. 8.
- (2014) Nondirective meditation activates default mode network and areas associated with memory retrieval and emotional processing. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. vol. 8:86.
- (2013) Treating PTSD in refugees and asylum seekers within the general health care system. A randomized controlled multicenter study. Behaviour Research and Therapy. vol. 51 (10).
- (2012) Depression, anxiety, and neuroticism in obese patients waiting for bariatric surgery: Differences between patients with and without eating disorders and subthreshold binge eating disorders. Obesity Research and Clinical Practice. vol. 6 (2).
- (2012) Increased heart rate variability during nondirective meditation. European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation. vol. 19 (4).
- (2012) Suicide Attempters and Repeaters: Depression and Coping A Prospective Study of Early Adolescents Followed up as Young Adults. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. vol. 200 (3).
- (2012) Risk communication and the willingness to follow evacuation instructions in a natural disaster. Health, Risk and Society. vol. 14 (1).
- (2012) Risk communication and worried publics in an imminent rockslide and tsunami situation. Journal of Risk Research. vol. 15 (6).