Background and activities
Main research area: Cardiovascular physiology and physical activity in the prevention and rehabilitation of individuals at risk for cardiovascular disease
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Effect of 24 sessions of high-intensity aerobic interval training carried out at either high or moderate frequency, a randomized trial. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (2).
- (2014) High- and moderate-intensity aerobic exercise and excess post-exercise oxygen consumption in men with metabolic syndrome. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 24 (3).
- (2014) Effects of acute supplementation of L-arginine and nitrate on endurance and sprint performance in elite athletes. Nitric oxide.
- (2013) Aerobic exercise training improves right- and left ventricular systolic function in patients with COPD. COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. vol. 10 (3).
- (2013) The effect of exercise on cardiac function in patients with type 2 diabetes and diastolic dysfunction. European Heart Journal. vol. 34.
- (2013) Evidence against a Beneficial Effect of Irisin in Humans. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (9).
- (2013) Low- and High-Volume of Intensive Endurance Training Significantly Improves Maximal Oxygen Uptake after 10-Weeks of Training in Healthy Men. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (5).
- (2012) High-intensity knee extensor training restores skeletal muscle function in CORD patients. European Respiratory Journal. vol. 40 (5).
- (2012) Expression of perilipins in human skeletal muscle in vitro and in vivo in relation to diet, exercise and energy balance. Archives of Physiology and Biochemistry. vol. 118 (1).
- (2012) Aerobic interval training reduces blood pressure and improves myocardial function in hypertensive patients. European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation. vol. 19 (2).
- (2012) Dietary Nitrate Does Not Enhance Running Performance in Elite Cross-Country Skiers. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 44 (11).
- (2012) Training Using Single Versus Multiple Intermittent Bouts Of High-intensity Exercise Training Are Equally Effective For Increasing Maximal Oxygen Uptake. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 44.
- (2011) Forekomst av fotballrelaterte skader hos gutter i alderen 15-19 år. Norsk idrettsmedisin.
- (2011) THE EFFECTS OF A 4-MINUTE INTERVAL TRAINING PROTOCOL ON CARDIORESPIRATORY AND METABOLIC RISK FACTORS. Annals of Behavioral Medicine. vol. 41.
- (2011) Time course of endothelial adaptation after acute and chronic exercise in patients with metabolic syndrome. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 25 (9).
- (2010) Impaired cardiac function among obese adolescents: effect of aerobic interval training. Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine. vol. 164 (9).
- (2010) Strength training versus aerobic interval training to modify risk factors of metabolic syndrome. Journal of applied physiology. vol. 108 (4).
- (2010) The association of metabolic clustering and physical activity with cardiovascular mortality: the HUNT study in Norway. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. vol. 64 (8).
- (2009) Aerobic high intensity one and two legs interval cycling in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: the sum of the parts is greater than the whole. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 106 (4).
- (2009) Aerobic interval training reduces cardiovascular risk factors more than a multi treatment approach in overweight adolescents. Clinical Science. vol. 116 (3-4).