Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Arnt Erik Tjønna
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Main research area: Cardiovascular physiology and physical activity in the prevention and rehabilitation of individuals at risk for cardiovascular disease
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts.
- (2013) Aerobic exercise training improves right- and left ventricular systolic function in patients with COPD. COPD. volum 10 (3).
- (2013) Low- and High-Volume of Intensive Endurance Training Significantly Improves Maximal Oxygen Uptake after 10-Weeks of Training in Healthy Men. PLoS ONE. volum 8 (5).
- (2012) High-intensity knee extensor training restores skeletal muscle function in CORD patients. European Respiratory Journal. volum 40 (5).
- (2012) Expression of perilipins in human skeletal muscle in vitro and in vivo in relation to diet, exercise and energy balance. Archives of Physiology and Biochemistry. volum 118 (1).
- (2012) Aerobic interval training reduces blood pressure and improves myocardial function in hypertensive patients. European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation. volum 19 (2).
- (2012) Dietary Nitrate Does Not Enhance Running Performance in Elite Cross-Country Skiers. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. volum 44 (11).
- (2012) Training Using Single Versus Multiple Intermittent Bouts Of High-intensity Exercise Training Are Equally Effective For Increasing Maximal Oxygen Uptake. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. volum 44.
- (2011) Forekomst av fotballrelaterte skader hos gutter i alderen 15-19 år. Norsk idrettsmedisin.
- (2011) THE EFFECTS OF A 4-MINUTE INTERVAL TRAINING PROTOCOL ON CARDIORESPIRATORY AND METABOLIC RISK FACTORS. Annals of Behavioral Medicine. volum 41.
- (2011) Time course of endothelial adaptation after acute and chronic exercise in patients with metabolic syndrome. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. volum 25 (9).
- (2010) Impaired cardiac function among obese adolescents: effect of aerobic interval training. Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine. volum 164 (9).
- (2010) Strength training versus aerobic interval training to modify risk factors of metabolic syndrome. Journal of applied physiology. volum 108 (4).
- (2010) The association of metabolic clustering and physical activity with cardiovascular mortality: the HUNT study in Norway. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. volum 64 (8).
- (2009) Aerobic high intensity one and two legs interval cycling in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: the sum of the parts is greater than the whole. European Journal of Applied Physiology. volum 106 (4).
- (2009) Aerobic interval training reduces cardiovascular risk factors more than a multi treatment approach in overweight adolescents. Clinical Science. volum 116 (3-4).
- (2009) Transcriptional changes in blood after aerobic interval training in patients with the metabolic syndrome. European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation. volum 16 (1).
- (2009) Effects of preterm birth and fetal growth retardation on cardiovascular risk factors in young adulthood. Early Human Development. volum 85 (4).
- (2009) Trening av hjertepasienter. Hjerteforum. volum 22 (2).
- (2009) Response to Letter Regarding Article, "Aerobic Interval Training Versus Continuous Moderate Exercise as a Treatment for the Metabolic Syndrome: A Pilot Study". Circulation. volum 119 (8).
- (2009) Endothelial Dysfunction Induced by Post-Prandial Lipemia: Complete Protection Afforded by High-Intensity Aerobic Interval Exercise. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. volum 53 (2).