Background and activities
Born February 23, 1962, in Kristiansund. Educational background includes BSc/MSc in Civil Engineering (structural analysis) from NTH and University of Kansas in 1986, MSc in Ocean Systems Management at Massachussetts Institute of Technology in 1990 and PhD from NTNU with the doctorate thesis The Framework of a Design Process Language.
Main subjects include information technology, systems engineering and marin technology. Teaches and supervision in shipbuilding. Is main author and editor of the book "Tidligutrustning" (Early Outiftting), ISBN 82-7174-257-4, ib.
Was emploeyd in 1993 as senior researcher at MARINTEK and estabilshed in 2001, together with a colleague, the company proNavis. Was managing director there until 2010. The company was bought by DNV (Det Norske Veritas) in 2005. Since 2010 worked as head of department in DNV proNavis, DNVs centre of excellence within maritime logistics, until april 2013.
Is since May 2013 managing director in Fedem Technology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2010) THE EXTENSION OF SYSTEM BOUNDARIES IN SHIP DESIGN. International Journal of Maritime Engineering. vol. 152.
- (2010) THE EXTENSION OF SYSTEM BOUNDARIES IN SHIP DESIGN COMMENT DISCUSSION. International Journal of Maritime Engineering. vol. 152.
- (1996) Tidligutrustning: Verftsbok. 1996. ISBN 82-7174-257-4.
- (2010) A decision support framework for the concurrent selection of multiple air emission controls. 9th International Conference on Computer and IT Applications in Shipbuilding ; Gubbio, Italy. 2010-04-12 - 2010-04-14.
- (2006) Applying Product Platform Technologies in Ship Specification Development. International Marine Design Conference . IMDC; Ann Arbor, MI. 2006-05-20 - 2006-05-25.
- (2003) Web-based tendering collaboration in project-centric industries. 2nd Int. Conference on Computer and IT Application in the Maritime Industries, (COMPIT) . COMPIT; Hamburg. 2003-05-10 - 2003-05-13.