Background and activities
Sociological approaches to professions and pre-school
· Knowledge profiles within teacher training programmes
· Tensions of exchange between educational practices, professional knowledge and educational theory (following Aristotle, Durkheim and Bourdieu)
· Educational discourses, their historical, societal and professional roots
Body and pedagogical practice
Social class, lifestyles and educational practice
Social differences in relation to the family, day-care, school and educational system
State, government and market
Knowledge and symbolic domination
Epistemology and the historical epistemology
School architecture and symbols
I have an academic degree in pedagogy from the University of Copenhagen from 1985 and a Ph.D. degree from the Danish University of Education, 2006.
Since 1985 I have been preoccupied with educational research and served within a broader range of teacher training enterprises. From 2000, I have been employed as a Danish University of Education.
I was employed as assistant Professor of educational sociology the 1. December 2007, and professor of educational sociology from 2010 at the Department of Education and Lifelong Learning.
· The importance of social background for professional's and educational preferences.
· Gender differences in the educational preferences among staff in the pre-school settings.
· Professional knowledge and symbolic domination.
Current and upcoming projects
The Norwegian educational field: structure, positions and preferences
On comparing A. patterns of professional educational knowledge with B. patterns of social heredity and accumulation of capital among teacher trainers and educational researchers.
TO COMFORTA CHILD
On cultural, bodily and pre-reflexive capacities of professionals in kindergartens.
The symbolic effect of symbol: On ornamentation and decoration of schools in a time of crisis
On generation, reproduction and symbolic power.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Det er ikke den enkelte som har valgt prinsippene for sine valg. Introduksjon til Bourdieu & pedagogikk. Barnehagefolk.
- (2015) Foregribelsens dialektik: ”skolens” nærvær i børnehavens pædagogiske værdiunivers. Nordisk Barnehageforskning. vol. 11.
- (2015) Lærerarbejdet mellem konceptstyring og professionsetos : om liv og modstandsformer i skolestrukturerne. Acta Didactica Norge - tidsskrift for fagdidaktisk forsknings- og utviklingsarbeid i Norge. vol. 9 (1).
- (2014) "Northern Lights", eine Bildethnographie - zwei neurealiserte Fiktionen der lateralen Bewegungs Ästhetik moderner urbanen öffentliche Räumen; Rota Fortunae Mobile. BOR Germany, https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.715354411829626.1073741861.173662792665460&type=1. 2014.
- (2015) Dokumentarfilm på Pedagogisk institutt: Pierre Bourdieu, “Sosiologi er en kampsport” 4.3.2015. Film og seminar . Pedagogisk institutt; Dragvoll. 2015-03-04 - 2015-03-04.
- (2014) Streiken handler ikke om arbeidstidhttp://web.retriever-info.com/services/webdocument?documentId=00258220140827211136901&serviceId=2. NETTAVISEN [Avis]. 2014-08-27.