Background and activities
My research interest is evolutionary biology in general and more specifically how different sources of phenotypic variation interact to produce or hamper adaptation. My main research activity consists of using artificial selection to understand the evolution of correlated traits.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Complex constraints on allometry revealed by artificial selection on the wing of Drosophila melanogaster. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America.
- (2015) Inbreeding effects in a mixed-mating vine: Effects of mating history, pollen competition and stress on the cost of inbreeding. AoB Plants.
- (2015) Does multiple paternity affect seed mass in angiosperms? An experimental test in Dalechampia scandens. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. vol. 28 (9).
- (2015) Does stronger pollen competition improve off spring fi tness when pollen load does not vary?. American Journal of Botany.
- (2015) Blossom colour change after pollination provides carbon for developing seeds. Functional Ecology. vol. 29 (9).
- (2014) Integrated phenotypes: Understanding trait covariation in plants and animals. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 369 (1649).
- (2014) Genetic constraints predict evolutionary divergence in Dalechampia blossoms. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 369 (1649).
- (2014) Walk the line: 600 000 years of molar evolution constrained by allometry in the fossil rodent Mimomys savini. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 369 (1649).
- (2014) Evolution of morphological allometry. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. vol. 1320 (1).
- (2014) The effects of sexual selection on life-history traits: an experimental study on guppies. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. vol. 27 (2).
- (2014) Allometric constraints and the evolution of allometry. Evolution. vol. 68 (3).
- (2013) Development of microsatellite markers for the neotropical vine Dalechampia scandens (Euphorbiaceae). American Journal of Botany. vol. 1 (6).
- (2013) On the relationship between ontogenetic and static allometry. American Naturalist. vol. 181 (2).
- (2013) Decoupled phenotypic variation between floral and vegetative traits:distinguishing between developmental and environmental correlations. Annals of Botany. vol. 111 (5).
- (2013) Pollinators and seed predators generate conflicting selection on Dalechampia blossoms. Oikos. vol. 122 (10).
- (2012) The effect of purging on sexually selected traits through antagonistic pleiotropy with survival. Ecology and Evolution. vol. 2 (6).
- (2012) Artificial selection on allometry: change in elevation but not slope. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. vol. 25 (5).
- (2012) Signal honesty and cost of pollinator rewards in Dalechampia scandens (Euphorbiaceae). Annals of Botany. vol. 109 (7).
- (2011) Geographical variation in allometry in the guppy (Poecilia reticulata). Journal of Evolutionary Biology. vol. 24 (12).
- (2011) Heritability is not Evolvability. Evolutionary biology. vol. 38 (3).