Postal addressDepartment of Biology Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
My research interest is evolutionary biology in general and more specifically how different sources of phenotypic variation interact to produce or hamper adaptation. My main research activity is currently focused on the use of artificial selection to understand the evolution of correlated traits under different selective pressures.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) The effects of sexual selection on life-history traits: an experimental study on guppies. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. volum 27 (2).
- (2013) Development of microsatellite markers for the neotropical vine Dalechampia scandens (Euphorbiaceae). American Journal of Botany. volum 1 (6).
- (2013) On the relationship between ontogenetic and static allometry. American Naturalist. volum 181 (2).
- (2013) Decoupled phenotypic variation between floral and vegetative traits:distinguishing between developmental and environmental correlations. Annals of Botany. volum 111 (5).
- (2013) Pollinators and seed predators generate conflicting selection on Dalechampia blossoms. Oikos. volum 122 (10).
- (2013) ALLOMETRIC CONSTRAINTS AND THE EVOLUTION OF ALLOMETRY. Evolution.
- (2012) The effect of purging on sexually selected traits through antagonistic pleiotropy with survival. Ecology and Evolution. volum 2 (6).
- (2012) Artificial selection on allometry: change in elevation but not slope. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. volum 25 (5).
- (2012) Signal honesty and cost of pollinator rewards in Dalechampia scandens (Euphorbiaceae). Annals of Botany. volum 109 (7).
- (2011) Geographical variation in allometry in the guppy (Poecilia reticulata). Journal of Evolutionary Biology. volum 24 (12).
- (2011) Heritability is not Evolvability. Evolutionary biology. volum 38 (3).
- (2011) Measurement and meaning in biology. The Quarterly review of biology. volum 86 (1).
- (2011) Temporal change in inbreeding depression in life-history traits in captive populations of guppy (Poecilia reticulata): evidence for purging?. Journal of Evolutionary Biology. volum 24 (4).
- (2011) Experimental evidence for the Berg hypothesis: vegetative traits are more sensitive than pollination traits to environmental variation. Functional Ecology. volum 25 (1).
- (2010) Direct selection at the blossom level on floral reward by pollinators in a natural population of Dalechampia schottii: full-disclosure honesty?. New Phytologist. volum 188 (2).
- (2010) EVOLUTION OF VARIATION AND VARIABILITY UNDER FLUCTUATING, STABILIZING, AND DISRUPTIVE SELECTION. Evolution. volum 64 (7).
- (2009) The adaptive accuracy of flowers: measurement and microevolutionary patterns. Annals of Botany. volum 103 (9).
- (2009) Macroevolutionary patterns of pollination accuracy: a comparison of three genera. New Phytologist. volum 183 (3).
- (2009) Temporal variability in a multicomponent trait: nuptial coloration of female two-spotted gobies. Behavioral Ecology. volum 20 (2).
- (2008) On the adaptive accuracy of directional asymmetry in insect wing size. Evolution. volum 62 (11).