Background and activities
I'm an Associate Professor Emeritus at the Department of Psychology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim, Norway, where I earlier coordinated an International Master’s Course in Human Development. I studied philosophy in France before doing psychology in Sweden. My main interests are the development of infant intentionality and theoretical psychology. My research on infant intentionality is inspired by Merleau-Ponty and Alan Fogel. In theoretical psychology, I explore the contributions to the field of psychology of Gibsonian Ecological psychology, Dynamic Systems Approach, different theories of embodiment, and process oriented approaches to psychology, such as probabilistic epigenesis.
For complete list of publications, see my CV.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2007) Dialogue and co-regulation: Using dialogical self terminology in the relational-historical approach. A commentary on Garvey & Fogel’s “Dialogical change processes, emotions, and the early emergence of self.”. International Journal for Dialogical Science. vol. 2 (1).
- (2006) Human Development Reconsidered: A New Master's Program in the Making. European Journal of School Psychology. vol. 4 (2).
- (2013) Human Development in the Life Course: Melodies of Living. Cambridge University Press. 2013. ISBN 978-0521769389.
Part of book/report
- (2015) Duration and Experience: The Temporality of Development. Temporality: Culture in the Flow of Human Experience.
- (2015) Intentionality during Infancy and Early Childhood, Development of. International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences, 2nd Edition.
- (2009) Commentaries to Part 1: The time dimension of human development in cultural and relational contexts. CHALLENGES AND STRATEGIES TO STUDY HUMAN DEVELOPMENT IN CULTURAL CONTEXTS.
- (2009) Dynamic Methodology in Infancy Research. Dynamic Process Methodology in the Social and Developmental Sciences.
- (2007) Forskningspraksis Historikk. Læringsmøter V - Kvalitetsreformen på Psykologisk institutt.