Background and activities
Originally from Wales in the United Kingdom, Dave is currently taking a PhD in Sustainable Facilities Management at the Centre for Real Estate and Facilities Management in the Department of Architectural Design and Management.
Dave also has a Bachelor in Politics and Modern History from Cardiff University completed in 2007, as well as a Master in Globalisation, Global Politics and Culture from NTNU completed in 2014. He also worked for SINTEF Technology and Society during the last year of his Master.
Prior to his move to Norway, Dave worked for nearly 5 years for a British Member of Parliament.
He is researching how users impact on the sustainability of non-residential buildings, with a particular focus on the rental sector in Norway and the United Kingdom.
- Sustainabile Facilities Management
- Green Leasing
- Corporate social responsibility
- Sustainability in non residential Buildings
- Building usage and sustainability
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Green leasing in theory and practice: A study focusing on the drivers and barriers for owners and tenants of commercial offices. Raportti (Tampereen teknillinen yliopisto. Rakennustuotanto ja -talous).
- (2015) Sustainable facilities management and green leasing: The company strategic approach. Procedia Economics and Finance. vol. 21.
Part of book/report
- (2016) Green and Sustainable – How are These Terms Reflected in the Context of Facilities Management?. Proceedings of CFM’s second nordic conference: Facilities Management Research and Practice. Does FM contribute to happiness in the Nordic Countries.
- (2015) The Users Impact on Buildings’ Sustainability – A Qualitative Approach. People make facilities management - Proceedings of the European Facility Management Conference EFMC 2015.