Background and activities
Researcher Einar Vedul-Kjelsås, dr.philos has his background from sport sciences, and received his PhD on eating disorders and physical activity.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) High aerobic intensity training and psychological states in patients with depression or schizophrenia. Frontiers in Psychiatry. vol. 5.
- (2014) Differences in aerobic fitness between inpatients and outpatients with severe mental disorders. Frontiers in Psychiatry. vol. 5.
- (2013) The role of the primary auditory cortex in the neural mechanism of auditory verbal hallucinations. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. vol. 7:144.
- (2013) Health-Related Quality of Life in Obese Presurgery Patients with and without Binge Eating Disorder, and Subdiagnostic Binge Eating Disorders. Journal of Obesity. vol. 2013.
- (2012) Depression, anxiety, and neuroticism in obese patients waiting for bariatric surgery: Differences between patients with and without eating disorders and subthreshold binge eating disorders. Obesity Research and Clinical Practice. vol. 6 (2).
- (2010) Prevalence of all relevant eating disorders in patients waiting for bariatric surgery: A comparison between patients with and without eating disorders. Eating and Weight Disorders. vol. 15 (4).
- (2009) Bariatric surgery or lifestyle intervention? An exploratory study of severely obese patients' motivation for two different treatments. Obesity Research and Clinical Practice. vol. 3 (4).
- (2008) Cognitive Behavior Therapy: 40 Years of Progress. Seminar and Festschrift in honor of Prof. K Gunnar Götestam June 12th-13th, 2008, Britannia Hotel, Trondheim, Norway. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry : Supplement. vol. 62.
- (2008) SYMPOSIUM A8: Understanding and treating eating disorders. THE PREVALENCE OF OVERWEIGHT, OBESITY AND EATING DISORDERS IN MEN. RELATIONSHIP TO PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. 38th EABCT Congress Abstract book.
- (2008) The relationship between eating disorders, physical activity and obesity in women and men - an epidemiological study in Norway. European psychiatry. vol. 23.
- (2008) Time trends in obesity and eating disorders. International Journal of Eating Disorders. vol. 41 (8).
- (2007) THE ASSOCIATION BETWEEN LEVEL OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND EATING DISORDERS AMONG NORWEGIAN WOMEN AND MEN, EUROPEAN CONGRESS OF SPORT PSYCHOLOGY. European psychiatry. vol. 22.
- (2007) PREVALENCE OF OVERWEIGHT AND OBESITY, AND RELATIONSHIP TO PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AMONG NORWEGIAN WOMEN (18-65) IN 1991 AND 2004. European psychiatry. vol. 22.
- (2007) EATING DISORDERS AND PSYCHOPATHOLOGICAL COMORBIDITY IN OBESITY PATIENTS. European psychiatry. vol. 22.
- (2007) MEN AND EATING DISORDERS - AN EPIDEMIOLOGICAL STUDY IN NORWAY. European psychiatry. vol. 22.
- (2005) Characteristics of Anorexia Nervosa-Related Deaths in Norway (1992-2000): A Descriptive Register-Based Study. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 37, 181-187. International Journal of Eating Disorders. vol. 37.
- (2005) Characteristics of anorexia nervosa-related-deaths in Norway (1992-2000): Data from the National Patient Register and the Causes of Death Register. International Journal of Eating Disorders. vol. 37.
- (2005) Forstyrret spiseadferd blant ungdom. Barn.
- (2004) Patologisk overspising en oversikt. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2004) Eating disroders in adolescence in: Trends in Eating Disorders Research. Nova Science Publishers.