Background and activities
Multilayered processes and encounters are focus in my practice whether I work in educational, therapeutic or artistic contexts. As practitioner-researcher I am interested in the performative human body as creative agent in and as part of the world. For many years I worked as a stage director before I trained as a dramatherapist and was caught up in academia. My teaching encompasses theatre production, dramaturgy, educational and therapeutic drama and theatre in multiple contexts.
One of my practice as research interest is the integration of voice work in drama practice. This work develops holistic practice for performance and well-being in art and life. In 2014 I certified in Fitzmaurice Voicework which supports the exploration of embodied intelligence, breath and voice as a whole. I am active in several international net-works exploring health-promoting arts practice, Sesame Institute UK and International and The British Association of Dramatherapists. I am part of NTNUs researchers' network for health promotion HEVET. In the national research project Drama - Theatre - Democracy I focus on Norwegian theatre politics and audience participation.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Diversity on the Norwegian Stage: Whose Story is it Anyway?. Nordic Theatre Studies. vol. 25.
- (2014) Practice as Research in Drama and Theatre: Introducing Narrative Supervision Methodology. InFormation - Nordic Journal of Art and Research. vol. 3 (1).
- (2013) Fortellerteater: mellom sårbarhet og styrke. DRAMA : Nordisk dramapedagogisk tidsskrift. vol. 02.
- (2012) Dramatherapy with homeless clients: the necessary theatre. Dramatherapy. vol. 34 (3).
- (2012) Voicework in Music Therapy Research and Practice, Edited by Felicity Baker and Sylka Uhlig. Dramatherapy. vol. 35 (1).
- (2011) The Intelligence of Feeling and Heart Intelligence: Are These Useful Terms for The Sesame Approach of Dramatherapy?. Sesame Journal.
- (2009) The Quest for the Heart-Shaped Diamonds: Dilemmas Arising from Teaching Drama as Therapy. Dramatherapy. vol. 30 (3).
- (1989) Kulturpolitikk i Prakis - et Teaterverksted i Funksjon. 1989. ISBN 87-7419-487-9.
Part of book/report
- (2013) Drama, Heart and Soul: Understanding the Relationship between the Unique Inner Voice, Heart Intelligence and the Intelligence of Feeling. Arts Therapies and the Intelligence of Feeling.
- (2011) Es war einmal - Ich war nicht allein. Theater mit mir?! : "der geschützte Raum" : eine Konferenzdokumentation.
- (2004) Brecht og det episke teater. Politisk teater - gensyn og genopdagelse?.
- (2014) Listen carefully. Boundaries, Borders, Loyalty & Betrayal: Interpersonal, Intercultural & Interdisciplinary approaches in Dramatherapy . The British Association of Dramatherapists; University of Surrey, Guildford. 2014-09-15 - 2014-09-15.
- (2014) The Humanities: contribution and potential in digital encounters/Performativity Group. Digital Storytelling Seminar . NTNU og NxtMedia; Rådsrommet, Elektrobygget, Gløshaugen, Trondheim. 2014-01-31 - 2014-01-31.
- (2014) The Digital Storytelling Tools and Experiences Project. Seminar on Digital Storytelling . NTNU og NxtMedia; Rådsrommet, Elektrobygget, Gløshaugen, Trondheim. 2014-01-31 - 2014-01-31.
- (2014) VOICES FROM NO MAN'S LAND. Boudaries, Borders, Loyalty & Betrayal. Interpersonal, Intercultural & Interdisciplinary approaches in Dramatherapy . The British Association of Dramatherapists; University of Surrey, Guildford. 2014-09-13 - 2014-09-14.
- (2013) Staging Myself - lecture-performance. from one world to another: arts education for tomorrow [Kunstnerisk og museal presentasjon] . IDEA International drama/theater and education association; Paris. 2013-08-08 - 2013-08-13.
- (2013) Silent O Moyle be the Roar of thy Water: Exploring Hope in our Time. Renewal, Restoration & Revenge: Working with Change in Dramatherapy . The British Association of Dramatherapists; Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester. 2013-09-07 - 2013-09-09.
- (2012) Forskningsperspektiver på P:UNKT prosjektet, Akershus Teater. Krumkake og Khebab - konferanse om P:UNKT prosjektet, mangfold i norsk scenekunst . Akershus Teater; Lillestrøm kulturhus, Lillestrøm. 2012-11-19 - 2012-11-19.
- (2012) Transparency and the invisible network. The Autumn Camp, international theatre meeting for Theaterpädagogik/Applied Theatre . Hochschule für Musik und Theater Rostock; Rostock. 2012-10-18 - 2012-10-21.
- (2012) Nora's Men: A Dramatherapy Encounter with Henrik Ibsen's Play A Doll's House. Dramatherapy and Script - exploring texts [Kunstnerisk og museal presentasjon] . British Association of Dramatherapists; University of Hull Scarborough Campus. 2012-09-08 - 2012-09-10.
- (2011) Children's Healthy Self-Regulation Through Play, Drama and Theatre. Theatre as a Setting for Health Promotion among Children . Steno Health Promotion Center; Vallekilde Højskole, Hørve. 2011-12-01 - 2011-12-02.
- (2009) Dramatherapy in Education: Once upon a Time I was not alone. Theater? Mit Mir? Internationale Konferenz Drama in Education for Children and Adolescents as Risk, Rostock, Tyskland . Hochschule für Musik und Theater; Beim St.-Katharinenstift 8, 18055 Rostock, Tyskland. 2009-05-07 - 2009-05-10.