Ellen Foyn Bruun
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
- Theatre studies
- Applied theatre
Multilayered processes and encounters are basic focus in my praxis whether I work in educational, therapeutic or artistic contexts. As practitioner-researcher I am interested in the performative human body as creative subject-object agent in and as part of the world. Reflexive practices and narratives attract my curiosity.
I am leader of the working group of the Faculty of Humanities interdisciplinary focus area, Performativity, that in 2013 has embarked on a new research project with the Department of Electronics and Telecommunication (IME) and NxtMedia: Digital Storytelling Tools.
In the group Arts based Research I contribute to develop practice-based research methodology in drama and theater. This has involved a research project with the diversity project P:UNKT at Akershus Theatre (2010-12) and a Voice-focused project (2009-13) that continues 2013-14 with my own teacher certification in Fitzmaurice voicework at Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, University of London.
International project: Staging Myself
This project initiated in 2010 is a collaboration between Hochschule für Musik und Theater Rostock, Kunsthochschule für Bildende Künste Braunschweig and NTNU. The aim is to develop shared experience and communication tools for mutual understanding of Applied Theatre in higher education. A practice-based research camp with lectureres/researchers and students was organized in 2012 and in July 2013 all involved presented a multimedial "paper-performance-event" in Paris at the international congress for drama and theatre in education, IDEA.
Peer-reviewed article 2012: http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/8NmwQSJq27kDEaMImFjG/full
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Fortellerteater: mellom sårbarhet og styrke. DRAMA : Nordisk dramapedagogisk tidsskrift. volum 02.
- (2012) Dramatherapy with homeless clients: the necessary theatre. Dramatherapy. volum 34 (3).
- (2012) Voicework in Music Therapy Research and Practice, Edited by Felicity Baker and Sylka Uhlig. Dramatherapy. volum 35 (1).
- (2011) The Intelligence of Feeling and Heart Intelligence: Are These Useful Terms for The Sesame Approach of Dramatherapy?. Sesame Journal.
- (2009) The Quest for the Heart-Shaped Diamonds: Dilemmas Arising from Teaching Drama as Therapy. Dramatherapy. volum 30 (3).
Part of book/report
- (2013) Drama, Heart and Soul: Understanding the Relationship between the Unique Inner Voice, Heart Intelligence and the Intelligence of Feeling. Arts Therapies and the Intelligence of Feeling.
- (2011) Es war einmal - Ich war allein. Theater mit mir?!.