Postal addressDepartment of Art and Media Studies Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim
Ellen Foyn Bruun
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Multilayered processes and encounters are basic focus in my praxis whether I work in educational, therapeutic or artistic contexts. As practitioner-researcher I am interested in the performative human body as creative subject-object agent in and as part of the world. Reflexive practices and narratives attract my curiosity.
I am leader of the Faculty of Humanities' interdisciplinary research area Performativity that in 2013-2014 has collaborated with Professor Andrew Perkis, Department of Electronics and Telecommunication (IME) and NxtMedia on a pilot project: Digital Storytelling. In my own Department of Art and Media I contribute in the group Arts based Research develop drama and theatre practice as research. Since 2009 I co-run research workshops with David Keir Wright to explore voice practice in drama and theatre. This work is informed by my own teacher training certification in Fitzmaurice Voicework 2013-2014 at The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, University of London. As practitioner-researcher I am involved in several international net-works exploring health-promoting artistic praxis through my qualification as dramatherapist, Sesame Institute UK and International and The British Association of Dramatherapists. from 2014 I am also part of the NTNU health focus area HEVET and developing further healthpromoting arts practice, such as drama and movement therapy.
International project: Staging Myself
This project initiated in 2010 is a collaboration between Hochschule für Musik und Theater Rostock, Kunsthochschule für Bildende Künste Braunschweig and NTNU. The project investigates transcultural drama research as embodied practice of democracy. A practice-based laboratory with lectureres/researchers and students was organized in 2012 that was presented as a multimedial paper-performance-event in Paris 2013 at the IDEA congress, International Drama and Theatre in Education Association.
Access article: Dramatherapy with homeless clients: the necessary theatre.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Fortellerteater: mellom sårbarhet og styrke. DRAMA : Nordisk dramapedagogisk tidsskrift. volum 02.
- (2012) Dramatherapy with homeless clients: the necessary theatre. Dramatherapy. volum 34 (3).
- (2012) Voicework in Music Therapy Research and Practice, Edited by Felicity Baker and Sylka Uhlig. Dramatherapy. volum 35 (1).
- (2011) The Intelligence of Feeling and Heart Intelligence: Are These Useful Terms for The Sesame Approach of Dramatherapy?. Sesame Journal.
- (2009) The Quest for the Heart-Shaped Diamonds: Dilemmas Arising from Teaching Drama as Therapy. Dramatherapy. volum 30 (3).
Part of book/report
- (2013) Drama, Heart and Soul: Understanding the Relationship between the Unique Inner Voice, Heart Intelligence and the Intelligence of Feeling. Arts Therapies and the Intelligence of Feeling.
- (2011) Es war einmal - Ich war nicht allein. Theater mit mir?!.
- (2013) Staging Myself - lecture-performance. from one world to another: arts education for tomorrow [Kunstnerisk og museal presentasjon] . IDEA International drama/theater and education association; Paris. 2013-08-08 - 2013-08-13.
- (2012) Transparency and the invisible network. The Autumn Camp, international theatre meeting for Theaterpädagogik/Applied Theatre . Hochschule für Musik und Theater Rostock; Rostock. 2012-10-18 - 2012-10-21.