Background and activities
- Bachelor in Human Movement Science (1999-2003)
- Master in Human Movement Science (2003-2007)
- PhD in clinical medicine (2009-2014)
- Signalprocessing of human movement and activity data
- Machine learning used in prediction models and risk assessments of movement related problems
- Non-linear time series analyses focusing on:
- Hilbert spectral analyses
- Wavelet analyses and decompositions
- Multifractal analyses
- Multiplicative cascading processes
- Lyapunov stability
- Fractional stability
- Application of analyses and models to movements of older adults and infants at risk of motor disorders
- ADAPT: A personalized fall risk assessment system for promoting independent living
- PROMISE: Early diagnosis and intervention in infants at risk of motor disability
- Introduction to signal processing in Matlab (BEV3201)
- Measurement of physical activity (BEV2101)
- Motor control and movement disorders (BEV3103)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) A physical activity reference data-set recorded from older adults using body-worn inertial sensors and video technology?The ADAPT study data-set. Sensors. vol. 17 (3).
- (2016) Performance Evaluation of State of the Art Systems for Psysical Activity Classification of Older Subjects Using Inertial Sensors in a Real Life Scenario: A Benchmark Study. Sensors. vol. 16.
- (2016) Micro movements of the upper limb in fibromyalgia: The relation to proprioceptive accuracy and visual feedback. Journal of Electromyography & Kinesiology. vol. 26.
- (2016) Video analysis validation of a real-time physical activity detection algorithm based on a single waist mounted tri-axial accelerometer sensor. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference Proceedings. vol. 2016-October.
- (2016) Validation of the activPAL3 for Measurement of Physical Activity in Older Adults in a Semi-Structured Protocol Using Video Analysis. Gait & Posture. vol. 49 (128).
- (2016) Fall detection algorithms for real-world falls harvested from lumbar sensors in the elderly population: A machine learning approach. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference Proceedings. vol. 2016-October.
- (2016) Detection of physical activity types with accelerometers in adolescents in free-living settings. Gait & Posture. vol. 49.
- (2016) A comparison study of local dynamic stability measures of daily life walking in older adult community-dwelling fallers and non-fallers. Journal of Biomechanics. vol. 49 (9).
- (2016) The complexity of daily life walking in older adult community-dwelling fallers and non-fallers. Journal of Biomechanics. vol. 49 (9).
- (2016) The FARSEEING real-world fall repository: a large-scale collaborative database to collect and share sensor signals from real-world falls. European Review of Aging and Physical Activity. vol. 13:8 (1).
- (2016) Exergaming in older adults: Movement characteristics while playing stepping games. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 7:964.
- (2015) Temporal and kinematic variables for real-world falls harvested from lumbar sensors in the elderly population. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference Proceedings. vol. 2015-November.
- (2015) The Discriminant Value of Phase-Dependent Local Dynamic Stability of Daily Life Walking in Older Adult Community-Dwelling Fallers and Nonfallers. BioMed Research International. vol. 2015.
- (2015) Association between vestibulo-ocular reflex suppression, balance, gait, and fall risk in ageing and neurodegenerative disease: Protocol of a one-year prospective follow-up study. BMC Neurology. vol. 15 (1).
- (2015) Identification of gait domains and key gait variables following hip fracture. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 15:150.
- (2014) Age-related changes in inter-joint coordination during walking. Journal of applied physiology. vol. 117 (2).
- (2014) Detection of co-regulation of local structure and magnitude of stride time variability using a new local detrended fluctuation analysis. Gait & Posture. vol. 39 (1).
- (2013) Multifractal analyses of response time series: A comparative study. Behavior Research Methods. vol. 45 (4).
- (2013) The influence of power law distributions on long-range trial dependency of response times. Journal of mathematical psychology (Print). vol. 57 (5).
- (2013) The influence of center-of-mass movements on the variation in the structure of human postural sway. Journal of Biomechanics. vol. 46 (3).