Background and activities
Dr. Nordahl is professor in behavioural medisin at NTNU. He is also a project leader at the Regional research and treatment unit for Trauma and PTSD at St.Olav Hospital, Trondheim.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Metacognitive Therapy in Major Depression: An Open Trial of Comorbid Cases. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice.
- (2016) Personality traits, gender differences and symptoms of anhedonia: What does the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS) measure in nonclinical settings?. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. vol. 57 (2).
- (2016) Physical activity in adolescents who later developed schizophrenia: A prospective case-control study from the Young-HUNT. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 70 (2).
- (2015) Somatisk helse hos pasienter ved en ruspoliklinikk. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 135 (2).
- (2015) Hva bestemmer utfall av behandling for pasienter med emosjonelt ustabil personlighetsforstyrrelse? En oversikt over kjønnsspesifikke prognostiske faktorer. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. vol. 52 (7).
- (2015) Matching patients with substance use disorder to optimal level of care with the ASAM Criteria software. Journal of Substance Use. vol. 20 (6).
- (2014) The predictive validity of the URICA in a sample of patients in substance use treatment. Addictive Disorders & Their Treatment. vol. 13 (4).
- (2014) ADHD Symptoms Are Differentially Related to Specific Aspects of Quality of Life. Journal of Attention Disorders. vol. 18 (7).
- (2014) Does dissociation moderate treatment outcomes of narrative exposure therapy for PTSD? A secondary analysis from a randomized controlled clinical trial. Behaviour Research and Therapy. vol. 57 (1).
- (2014) Personality Inventory for Children: A measure of biopsychosocial status in children and adolescents. European Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 28 (1).
- (2014) Anhedonic depression, history of depression, and anxiety as genderspecific risk factors of myocardial infarction in healthy men and women: The HUNT study. Health Psychology Open.
- (2014) Er metakognitiv terapi en evidensbasert behandling?. Psykologisk tidsskrift. vol. 18 (2).
- (2014) Convergent Validity of the ASAM Criteria in Co-Occurring Disorders. Journal of dual diagnosis. vol. 10 (2).
- (2013) Functional Impairment Mediates the Relationship Between Adult ADHD Inattentiveness and Occupational Outcome. Journal of Attention Disorders.
- (2013) Metacognitive Therapy for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Nature, Evidence and an Individual Case Illustration. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice. vol. 20 (3).
- (2013) A Randomized Controlled Trial of Individual Cognitive Therapy, Group Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Attentional Placebo for Adolescent Social Phobia. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics. vol. 83 (1).
- (2013) Anxiety as a risk factor for school absenteeism: what differentiates anxious school attenders from non-attenders?. Annals of General Psychiatry. vol. 12 (25).
- (2012) Functional impairment and occupational outcome in adults with severe ADHD. Journal of Attention Disorders. vol. 16 (7).
- (2012) Personlighetstrekk og kognitiv stil: Risiko, sårbarhet eller opprettholdende faktorer gjennom depresjonsforløpet?. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. vol. 49 (1).
- (2012) Adolescent school absenteeism: modelling social and individual risk factors. Child and Adolescent Mental Health. vol. 17 (2).
- (2012) The Development of New Diagnoses of Personality Disorders for DSM-V. ESSPD NEWSLETTER. vol. 1 (2).
- (2012) Hva er fakta om psykodynamisk terapi?. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. vol. 49 (4).
- (2012) Psykologiske behandlingsformer for depresjon med vekt på individualiserte tilnærminger. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. vol. 49 (1).
- (2012) Comorbidity of borderline personality disorder with other personality disorders in psychiatric outpatients: How does it look at 2-year follow-up?. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 66 (3).
- (2012) Predictive Factors for More Than 3 Years' Duration of Central Stimulant Treatment in Adult Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder A Retrospective, Naturalistic Study. Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology. vol. 32 (5).
- (2012) Prevalence of Comorbid Substance Use Disorder During Long-term Central Stimulant Treatment in Adult ADHD. ADHD Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorders.
- (2011) Modeling gene-environment interaction in longitudinal data: Risk for neuroticism due to interaction between maternal care and the Dopamine 4 Receptor gene. Australian journal of psychology. vol. 63 (1).
- (2011) Psychological factors and weight problems in adolescents. The role of eating problems, emotional problems, and personality traits: the Young-HUNT study. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology. vol. 46 (5).
- (2010) A preliminary study of the naturalistic course of non-manualized psychotherapy for outpatients with borderline personality disorder: Patient characteristics, attrition and outcome. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 64 (2).
- (2010) The Adult ADHD Quality of Life Questionnaire (AAQoL) A new disease specific measure for assessment of ADHD. Nordic Psychology. vol. 62 (1).
- (2010) Association between abnormal psychosocial situations in childhood, generalized anxiety disorder and oppositional defiant disorder. Australian and New Zealand journal of psychiatry (Print). vol. 44 (9).
- (2009) Effectiveness of Brief Metacognitive Therapy versus Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy in a General Outpatient Setting. International Journal of Cognitive Therapy. vol. 2 (2).
- (2009) Children in remission from acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: mental health, psychosocial adjustment and parental functioning. European Journal of Cancer Care. vol. 18 (4).
- (2009) Perceived group climate as a predictor of long-term outcome in a randomized controlled trial of cognitive-behavioural group therapy for patients with comorbid psychiatric disorders. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy. vol. 37 (5).
- (2008) Principles and clinical application of schema therapy for patients with borderline personality disorder. Nordic Psychology. vol. 60 (3).
- (2008) A 4-year follow-up study of syndromal and sub-syndromal anxiety and depression symptoms in the general population. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology. vol. 43.
- (2008) Behavioral Experiments in the Treatment of Paranoid Schizophrenia: A Single Case Study. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice. vol. 15 (3).
- (2008) Metacognitive therapy for borderline personality disorder: An open trial. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 62.
- (2007) Does maternal psychopathology discriminate between children with DSM-IV generalised anxiety disorder or oppositional defiant disorder? The predictive validity of maternal axis I and axis II psychopathology. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. vol. 16 (2).
- (2007) Personality styles in patients with fibromyalgia, major depression and healthy controls. Annals of General Hospital Psychiatry. vol. 6 (9).
- (2005) Anxiety and depression following myocardial infarction: gender differences in a 5-year prospective study. Journal of Psychosomatic Research. vol. 58 (2).
- (2005) The structure of maladaptive schemas: A confirmatory factor analysis and a psychometric evaluation of factor-derived scales. Cognitive Therapy and Research. vol. 29.
- (2005) Connection between patients and therapist and therapists competence in Schema-focused therapy of personality problems. Psychotherapy Research.
- (2005) Schema therapy for patients with borderline personality disorder: a single case series. Journal of Behavior Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry. vol. 36.
- (2005) Cognitive-behavioural group treatment of depression in patients with psychotic disorders. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy. vol. 12 (6).
- (2005) A randomized trial of cognitive group therapy vs. waiting list for patients with co-morbid psychiatric disorders: Effect of cognitive group therapy after treatment and six and twelve months follow-up. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy. vol. 33.
- (2005) The structure of maladaptive schemas: A confirmatory factor analysis and a psychometric evaluation of factor-derived scales. Cognitive Therapy and Research. vol. 29 (6).
- (2005) Early maladaptive schemas in patients with or without personality disorders: Does schema modification predict symptomatic relief?. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy. vol. 33.
- (2004) Alvorlige stemningslidelser: Kognitiv Terapi ved tilbakefall og resistente unipolare depresjoner. Kognitiv terapi. vol. 5.
- (2004) The mediating role of cognitive personality traits between adverse parental bonding and avoidant and obsessive behavioral conceptualization of personality disorders. Journal of Personality Disorders.
- (2001) Depresjon og personlighetsforstyrrelser. Behandlingsmanual for depressive lidelser. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening.
- (2000) The specificity of cognitive personality dimensions in cluster C personality disorders. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy. vol. 28.
- (2000) Cognitive personality styles in OCD outpatients compared to depressed outpatients and healthy controls. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy. vol. 28.
- (1997) Conceptualization and identification of cognitive schemas in personality disorders. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 51 (4).
- (1997) Perceptions of Parental Bonding in patients with specific personality disorders, lifetime depressive disorder, and healthy controls. Journal of Personality Disorders. vol. 11 (4(3)).
- (1997) Recollections of parent-child relationships in OCD out-patients compared to depressed out-patients and healthy controls. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica. vol. 96.
- (1996) Kognitiv kasusformulering ved personlighetsforstyrrelser. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening.
- (2012) Når plager blir sykdom. Kognitiv behandling ved sammensatte lidelser. Cappelen Damm Høyskoleforlaget. 2012. ISBN 9788276349597.
Part of book/report
- (2015) Personlighetsforstyrrelser. Håndbok i kognitiv terapi 2. utgave.
- (2014) Metakognitiv terapi. Psykoterapi - Tilnærminger og metoder.
- (2012) Metacognitive processes in change and therapy. Encyclopedia of the Sciences of Learning.