Background and activities
Dr. Nordahl is professor in clinical psychology at NTNU and director of the special outpatient unit for trauma and PTSD at St.Olav Hospital in Trondheim.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) The predictive validity of the URICA in a sample of patients in substance use treatment. Addictive Disorders & Their Treatment. vol. 13 (4).
- (2014) ADHD Symptoms Are Differentially Related to Specific Aspects of Quality of Life. Journal of Attention Disorders. vol. 18 (7).
- (2014) Understanding Depressive Symptoms in a Metacognitive Perspective. Could Mediation Analyses of Positive and Negative Metabeliefs Support the Theoretical Foundation of MCT?. EABCT 2014 - Programme.
- (2014) Does dissociation moderate treatment outcomes of narrative exposure therapy for PTSD? A secondary analysis from a randomized controlled clinical trial. Behaviour Research and Therapy. vol. 57 (1).
- (2014) Comorbid Depressive Disorders: An Open Trial Using MCT. EABCT 2014 - Programme.
- (2014) Personality Inventory for Children: A measure of biopsychosocial status in children and adolescents. European Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 28 (1).
- (2014) Anhedonic depression, history of depression, and anxiety as genderspecific risk factors of myocardial infarction in healthy men and women: The HUNT study. Health Psychology Open.
- (2014) Er metakognitiv terapi en evidensbasert behandling?. Psykologisk tidsskrift. vol. 18 (2).
- (2014) Matching patients with substance use disorder to optimal level of care with the ASAM Criteria software. Journal of Substance Use.
- (2014) Convergent Validity of the ASAM Criteria in Co-Occurring Disorders. Journal of dual diagnosis. vol. 10 (2).
- (2013) Functional Impairment Mediates the Relationship Between Adult ADHD Inattentiveness and Occupational Outcome. Journal of Attention Disorders.
- (2013) Metacognition as predictors of outcome in a randomized controlled treatment trial of GAD and their relationship with resilience. Second International Conference of Metacognitive Therapy - Programme and Abstracts.
- (2013) Metacognitive Therapy for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Nature, Evidence and an Individual Case Illustration. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice. vol. 20 (3).
- (2013) A Randomized Controlled Trial of Individual Cognitive Therapy, Group Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Attentional Placebo for Adolescent Social Phobia. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics. vol. 83 (1).
- (2013) Anxiety as a risk factor for school absenteeism: what differentiates anxious school attenders from non-attenders?. Annals of General Psychiatry. vol. 12 (25).
- (2013) Metacognition in generalized anxiety disorder, social phobia, and obsessive-compulsive disorder and relationship with treatment outcome. Second International Conference of Metacognitive Therapy - Programme and Abstracts.
- (2013) The effects of attention training and situational attention refocusing on symptoms of social phobia. Second International Conference of Metacognitive Therapy - Programme and Abstracts.
- (2012) Functional impairment and occupational outcome in adults with severe ADHD. Journal of Attention Disorders. vol. 16 (7).
- (2012) Personlighetstrekk og kognitiv stil: Risiko, sårbarhet eller opprettholdende faktorer gjennom depresjonsforløpet?. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. vol. 49 (1).
- (2012) Adolescent school absenteeism: modelling social and individual risk factors. Child and Adolescent Mental Health. vol. 17 (2).