Postal addressDepartment of Telematics Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Background and activities
Harald has a PhD in Telematics and a BSc in Economics. He has been employed at the Department of Telematics since 2003, currently as Head of Department
Harald Øverby received his Msc in Computer Science in 2002, a BSc in Economics in 2003 and a PhD in Information and Communication Technology in 2005, all from NTNU. In his PhD work, he focused on teletraffic analysis and quality of service aspects of optical packet switched networks. He has held different administrative and academic positions at the Department of Telematics, NTNU: Post.Doc (2005-2006), Research- and Education Coordinator (2006-2010), and Associate Professor (2010-2013). From 2013, Harald is the Head of Department at the Department of Telematics, NTNU. His main research interests include digital economics, optical networking and secure and dependable communication systems. Harald has published over 60 papers in national and international venues.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Asymptotic Performance of Bidirectional Dual-Hop Amplify-and-Forward Systems. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. volum 231.
- (2013) Balanced XOR-ed Coding. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. volum 8115.
- (2013) Realization strategies of dedicated path protection: A bandwidth cost perspective. Computer Networks. volum 57 (9).
- (2013) Modeling and simulating motions of human bodies in a futuristic distributed tele-immersive collaboration system for synthesizing transient input traffic. Simulation (San Diego, Calif.). volum 31.
- (2013) Ultrafast scalable embedded DCT image coding for tele-immersive delay-sensitive collaboration. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications. volum 4 (12).
- (2012) Cost Comparison of 1+1 Path Protection Schemes: A Case for Coding. IEEE International Conference on Communications.
- (2011) Combating Packet Loss in OPS networks: A Case for Network Coding. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2011) Interconnecting Two Intra-Domain Wavelength Routed Optical Networks Using an Optical Packet Switch. International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON).
- (2010) Improving performance in the OpMiGua hybrid network employing the network layer packet redundancy scheme. IET Communications. volum 4 (3).
- (2009) Packet Loss Differentiation using Network Layer Packet Redundancy in Optical Packet/Burst Switched Networks. IEEE Global Communications Conference, Exhibition, & Industry Forum (GLOBECOM).
- (2008) Combined study on survivability and performance in optical packet switched networks. Journal of Optical Networking. volum 7 (4).
- (2007) Traffic Modelling of Asynchronous Bufferless Optical Packet Switched Networks. Computer Communications. volum 30 (6).
- (2007) Traffic models for slotted optical packet switched networks. Photonic network communications. volum 13 (2).
- (2006) Cost evaluations of the protected network layer packet redundancy scheme. Journal of Optical Networking. volum 5 (10).
- (2006) QoS Differentiation in Asynchronous Bufferless Optical Packet Switched Networks. Wireless networks. volum 12 (3).
- (2006) Evaluation of QoS Differentiation Mechanisms in Asynchronous Bufferless Optical Packet Switched Networks. IEEE Communications Magazine. volum 44 (8).
- (2005) Packet Loss Rate Differentiation in Slotted Optical Packet Switched Networks. IEEE Photonics Technology Letters. volum 17 (11).
- (2005) Performance modelling of optical packet switched networks with the Engset traffic model. Optics Express. volum 13 (5).
- (2005) Providing absolute QoS in asynchronous bufferless optical packet/burst switched networks with the adaptive preemptive drop policy. Computer Communications. volum 28.
- (2004) Dødelighet ved medikamentell immobilisering av elg i Norge 1976-2004 CHEMICAL IMMOBILIZATION OF FREE-RANGING MOOSE IN NORWAY 1976-2004. Norsk Veterinærtidsskrift. volum 116 (7).