Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) "I have sinned": Understanding the role of religion in the experiences of suicide attempters in Ghana. Mental Health, Religion & Culture. vol. 17 (5).
- (2014) The law criminalizing attempted suicide in Ghana: The views of clinical psychologists, emergency ward nurses, and police officers. Crisis. vol. 35 (2).
- (2014) Suicidal behaviour across the African continent: A review of the literature. BMC Public Health. vol. 14 (1).
- (2014) The internal dialogue between the individual and the community: A discourse analysis of public views on suicide among the Baganda, Uganda. International Journal of Culture and Mental Health. vol. 7 (2).
- (2013) The importance of perceived lack of support for attempted suicide in Ghanaian men. Suicidologi. vol. 18.
- (2013) Hva er meningen? Selvmordsatferd som kommunikasjon. Sosiologi i dag. vol. 43 (1).
- (2013) Punishment or help? Attitudes towards the law criminalizing attempted suicide in Ghana. Suicidologi. vol. 18.
- (2013) The relevance of Shneidman's theory of suciide in conflict afflicted Northern Uganda. Suicidologi. vol. 18.
- (2013) Suicide research in Uganda: Development oand challenges. Suicidologi. vol. 18.
- (2013) Social-environmental factors and suicide mortality: A narrative review of over 200 articles. Sociology Mind. vol. 3 (2).
- (2013) Religious views on suicide among the Baganda, Uganda: a qualitative study. Death Studies. vol. 37 (4).
- (2013) Developing suicide prevention services and research in Ghana: Experiences and challenges. Suicidologi. vol. 18.
- (2013) "He is a murderer": Perceptions of suicidal persons in Ghana. Suicidologi. vol. 18.
- (2013) Influence of Religious Factors on Attitudes Towards Suicidal Behaviour in Ghana. Journal of religion and health. vol. 52 (2).
- (2013) Self-harm and conventional gender roles in women. Suicide and Life-Threatening Behaviour. vol. 43 (2).
- (2013) Pushing the boundaries: Understanding self-harm in a non-clinical population. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing. vol. 27 (2).
- (2012) Psychological autopsy studies as diagnostic tools: Are they methodologically flawed?. Death Studies. vol. 36 (7).
- (2012) Mental health workers' views on the criminalization of suicidal behaviour in Uganda. Medicine, Science and the Law. vol. 52 (3).
- (2012) Alcohol and Suicide in Postconflict Northern Uganda A Qualitative Psychological Autopsy Study. Crisis. vol. 33 (2).
- (2012) An escape from agony: A qualitative psychological autopsy study of women's suicide in a post-conflict Northern Uganda. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. vol. 7.