Background and activities
Main Research Activity I head the research group CAIR, a collaboration of clinicians and researchers at the Department of Medical Microbiology, and the Department of Pediatrics, St. Olavs University Hospital, and Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children's and Women's Health, NTNU. We study childrens respiratory infections. In focus are clinical, epidemiological and virological studies of human metapneumovirus and human bocavirus, as well as the interplay with other and more well-known viruses. Studies are performed among hospitalised children and children outside the hospital. Studies on innate immunity with intracellular and molecular aspects of human metapneumovirus infection has also been initiated.
Present positions Associate Professor in Pediatrics, LBK, NTNU; Senior Consultant in Pediatrics and Pediatric Infectious Disease, Dep. of Pediatrics, St. Olavs University Hospital, Norway.
Education 1987 Cand. Med. (MD) Copenhagen University, 1995 Specialist in Pediatrics, 2002 Dr. Med. (PhD) NTNU.
Teaching Subjects General pediatrics, pediatric infectious diseases, immune deficiency, pediatric nephrology and pediatric emergency medicine.
Contact Henrik Døllner, LBK, NTNU; Henrik.email@example.com
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Comparing human metapneumovirus and respiratory syncytial virus: Viral codetections, genotypes and risk factors for severe disease. PLoS ONE. vol. 12:0170200 (1).
- (2017) The Burden of Human Metapneumovirus and Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infections in Hospitalized Norwegian Children. Journal of Infectious Diseases. vol. 216 (1 July).
- (2016) A reliability study of the rapid emergency triage and treatment system for children. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine. vol. 24:19.
- (2016) Cytokine profiles in human metapneumovirus infected children: Identification of genes involved in the antiviral response and pathogenesis. PLoS ONE. vol. 11:e0155484 (5).
- (2016) Respiratory virus detection and clinical diagnosis in children attending day care. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (7).
- (2014) Severe parechovirus infection in Norwegian infants. The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. vol. 33 (12).
- (2013) Detection of spliced mRNA from human bocavirus 1 in clinical samples from children with respiratory tract infections. Emerging Infectious Diseases. vol. 19 (4).
- (2011) Coronavirus Causes Lower Respiratory Tract Infections Less Frequently Than RSV in Hospitalized Norwegian Children. The Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal. vol. 30 (4).
- (2010) Human bocavirus in children: Mono-detection, high viral load and viraemia are associated with respiratory tract infection. Journal of Clinical Virology. vol. 49 (3).