Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Controlling for P-value inflation in allele frequency change in experimental evolution and artificial selection experiments. Molecular Ecology Resources. vol. 17 (4).
- (2017) Reversal of response to artificial selection on body size in a wild passerine bird. Evolution.
- (2017) Demographic influences of translocated individuals on a resident population of house sparrows. Oikos. vol. 126.
- (2016) Spatial variation in senescence rates in a bird metapopulation. Oecologia. vol. 181 (3).
- (2016) Is basal metabolic rate associated with recruit production and survival in free-living house sparrows?. Functional Ecology. vol. 30 (7).
- (2015) Endoparasite infection has both short- and long-term negative effects on reproductive success of female house sparrows, as revealed by faecal parasitic egg counts. PLoS ONE. vol. 10 (5).
- (2015) On being the right size: Increased body size is associated with reduced telomere length under natural conditions. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 282 (1820).
- (2014) Effects of population characteristics and structure on estimates of effective population size in a house sparrow metapopulation. Molecular Ecology. vol. 23 (11).
- (2014) Lower survival probability of house sparrows severely infected by the gapeworm parasite. Journal of Avian Biology. vol. 45 (4).
- (2013) The easy road to genome-wide medium density SNP screening in a non-model species: development and application of a 10K SNP-chip for the house sparrow (Passer domesticus). Molecular Ecology Resources. vol. 13 (3).
- (2012) Evidence of inbreeding depression but not inbreeding avoidance in a natural house sparrow population. Molecular Ecology. vol. 21 (6).
- (2012) Spatial heterogeneity in the effects of climate and density-dependence on dispersal in a house sparrow metapopulation. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 279 (1726).
- (2011) Factors affecting germline mutations in a hypervariable microsatellite: a comparative analysis of six species of swallows (Aves: Hirundinidae). Mutation research. vol. 708 (1-2).
- (2009) FEATHER MITES AND INTERNAL PARASITES IN SMALL GROUND FINCHES (GEOSPIZA FULIGINOSA, EMBERIZIDAE) FROM THE GALAPAGOS ISLANDS (EQUADOR). Journal of Parasitology. vol. 95 (1).
- (2009) Sex-specific fitness correlates of dispersal in a house sparrow metapopulation. Journal of Animal Ecology. vol. 78 (6).
- (2008) Is female promiscuity constrained by the presence of her social mate? An experiment with bluethroats Luscinia svecica. Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology. vol. 62.
- (2008) Female aggressive response and hormonal correlates - an intrusion experiment in a free-living passerine. Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology. vol. 62.
- (2005) Female throat ornamentation does not reflect cell-mediated immune response in bluethroats Luscinia s. svecica. Oecologia. vol. 146.
- (2004) Immunological investments reflect parasite abundance in island populations of Darwin�s finches. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Biological Sciences. vol. 271 (1547).
Part of book/report
- (2012) Influence of temperature on dispersal in two bird species. Dispersal Ecology and Evolution.