Postal addressDepartment of Circulation and Medical Imaging Norwegian University of Science and Technology Postboks 8905 7491 Trondheim Norway
- Genetics and genomics
- Medical genetics
- Medical molecular biology
- Molecular biology
- Cardiovascular Physiology
- Forensic Genetics
Background and activities
I hold a master’s degree in biophysics and medical technology and a PhD in molecular genetics. Since 2009 I have done research in barophysiology, focusing on genetic responses in the circulatory system.
In my current employment as principal investigator for the project Fitness to dive – a translational approach to physiological challenges in the hyperbaric working environment, I participate in studies of how the cardiovascular and central nervous system of humans and rats react and adapt to saturation diving. The primary objective of this project is to provide physiological knowledge that may be applied in preparing and protecting divers from injury. The work is funded by the Norwegian Research Council and Statoil ASA as part of the Petromaks programme for health, safety and work environment in the petroleum sector.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Acute and potentially persistent effects of scuba diving on the blood transcriptome of experienced divers. Physiological Genomics. volum 45 (20).
- (2013) Effects of hyperbaric oxygen preconditioning on cardiac stress markers after simulated diving. Physiological Reports. volum 1 (6).
- (2013) Exercise-induced myofibrillar disruption with sarcolemmal integrity prior to simulated diving has no effect on vascular bubble formation in rats. European Journal of Applied Physiology. volum 113 (5).
- (2012) Do CYP2D6 genotypes reflect oxycodone requirements for cancer patients treated for cancer pain? A cross-sectional mutlicentre study. European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. volum 68 (1).
- (2012) Prior eccentric exercise modifies diving-induced inflammatory gene expression in rats. The FASEB Journal. volum 26.
- (2012) Early genetic responses in rat vascular tissue after simulated diving. Physiological Genomics. volum 44 (24).
- (2001) Embryonale stamceller og terapeutisk cloning. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. volum 121.
- (2001) Embryonic stem cells and therapeutic cloning. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. volum 121 (20).
- (2001) Single intragenic microsatellite preimplantation genetic diagnosis for cystic fibrosis provides positive allele identification of all CFTR genotypes for informative couples. Molecular human reproduction. volum 7 (3).
- (1996) Human uracil-DNA glycosylase gene: sequence organization, methylation pattern, and mapping to chromosome 12q23-q24.1. Genomics, Society and Policy.
- (1996) Human uracil-DNA glycosylase gene : sequence organization, methylation pattern, and mapping to chromosome 12q23-q24.1. Genomics. volum 36.
- (1996) Human uracil-DNA glycosylase gene: sequence organization, methylation pattern, and mapping to chromosome 12q23-q24.1. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications - BBRC.
- (1996) Pseudogenes for the human uracil-DNA glycosylase on chromosomes 14 and 16. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications - BBRC. volum 224.
- (1995) Sequence specificity for removal of uracil from U.A pairs and U.G mismatches by uracil-DNA glycosylase from Escherichia coli, and correlation with mutational hotspots. FEBS Letters. volum 362.
- (1995) Properties of a recombinant human uracil-DNA glycosylase from the UNG gene and evidence that UNG encodes the major uracil-DNA glycosylase. Biochemistry. volum 34.
- (1993) Consensus sequences for good and poor removal of uracil from double stranded DNA by uracil-DNA glycosylase. Nucleic Acids Research. volum 21 (9).
- (1993) Low incorporation of dUMP by some thermostable DNA polymerases may limit their use in PCR amplification. Analytical Biochemistry. volum 211.
Part of book/report
- (2009) Individual risk of decompression sickness: Possible effects of genomic or epigenomic variation altering gene expression. The future of diving: 100 years of haldane and beyond.
- (1993) Heterogeneity in the incorporation and excision of uracil in DNA. 1993. ISBN 82-7119-591-3. Doktor ingeniøravhandling (1993:12).
- (1989) Automatization of pressure chamber : Monitoring & control of hyperbaric environment for animalresearch. 1989.