Background and activities
I hold a Master’s degree in biophysics and medical technology and a PhD in molecular genetics. Since 2009 I have done research in barophysiology, focusing on genetic responses in the circulatory system.
In my current employment as principal investigator for the project Fitness to dive – a translational approach to physiological challenges in the hyperbaric working environment, I participate in studies of how the cardiovascular and central nervous system of humans and rats react and adapt to saturation diving. The primary objective of this project is to provide physiological knowledge that may be applied in preparing and protecting divers from injury. The work is funded by the Norwegian Research Council and Statoil ASA as part of the Petromaks programme for health, safety and work environment in the petroleum sector.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2015) Evaluating PAI-1 as a biomarker for stress in diving: human serum total PAI-1 is unaltered after 2 h dry exposures to 280 kPa hyperbaric air. Physiological Reports. vol. 3 (6).
- (2014) Eccentric exercise 48 h prior to simulated diving has no effect on vascular bubble formation in rats. European Journal of Applied Physiology.
- (2013) Acute and potentially persistent effects of scuba diving on the blood transcriptome of experienced divers. Physiological Genomics. vol. 45 (20).
- (2013) Effects of hyperbaric oxygen preconditioning on cardiac stress markers after simulated diving. Physiological Reports. vol. 1 (6).
- (2013) Exercise-induced myofibrillar disruption with sarcolemmal integrity prior to simulated diving has no effect on vascular bubble formation in rats. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 113 (5).
- (2012) Do CYP2D6 genotypes reflect oxycodone requirements for cancer patients treated for cancer pain? A cross-sectional mutlicentre study. European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. vol. 68 (1).
- (2012) Early genetic responses in rat vascular tissue after simulated diving. Physiological Genomics. vol. 44 (24).
- (2001) Embryonale stamceller og terapeutisk cloning. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 121.
- (2001) Single intragenic microsatellite preimplantation genetic diagnosis for cystic fibrosis provides positive allele identification of all CFTR genotypes for informative couples. Molecular human reproduction. vol. 7 (3).
- (1996) Human uracil-DNA glycosylase gene : sequence organization, methylation pattern, and mapping to chromosome 12q23-q24.1. Genomics. vol. 36.
- (1996) Pseudogenes for the human uracil-DNA glycosylase on chromosomes 14 and 16. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications - BBRC. vol. 224.
- (1995) Sequence specificity for removal of uracil from U.A pairs and U.G mismatches by uracil-DNA glycosylase from Escherichia coli, and correlation with mutational hotspots. FEBS Letters. vol. 362.
- (1995) Properties of a recombinant human uracil-DNA glycosylase from the UNG gene and evidence that UNG encodes the major uracil-DNA glycosylase. Biochemistry. vol. 34.
- (1993) Consensus sequences for good and poor removal of uracil from double stranded DNA by uracil-DNA glycosylase. Nucleic Acids Research. vol. 21 (9).
- (1993) Low incorporation of dUMP by some thermostable DNA polymerases may limit their use in PCR amplification. Analytical Biochemistry. vol. 211.
- (1993) Heterogeneity in the incorporation and excision of uracil in DNA. 1993. ISBN 82-7119-591-3. Doktor ingeniøravhandling (1993:12).