Background and activities
Research interestsI am intrested in experimental phonetics and speech technology. I work in both basic and applied research. At present I am involved in research on the realization of prosodic prominence across languages and in the investigation of phonetic reduction in spontaneous Dutch spoken in communicative situations. I am also the project leader of a cross-disciplinary project on Computer-Assisted Listening and Speaking Tutor for Norwegian for foreigners. You can find more information, also about previous research topics, on my personal homepage.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2013) The Bulgarian Stressed and Unstressed Vowel System. A Corpus Study. Interspeech.
- (2012) How linguistic and probabilistic properties of a word affect the realization of its final /t/: Studies at the phonemic and sub-phonemic level. Journal of Phonetics. vol. 40 (4).
- (2011) Contrastive analysis through L1-L2map. TMH-QPSR. vol. 51.
- (2010) Predicting human perception and ASR classification of word-final [t] by its acoustic sub-segmental properties. Proceedings of the International Conference on Spoken Language Processing.
- (2009) Do Rhythm Measures Reflect Perceived Rhythm?. Phonetica. vol. 66 (1-2).
- (2009) Word-final [t]-deletion: An analysis on the segmental and sub-segmental level. Proceedings of the International Conference on Spoken Language Processing.
- (2007) Global features for rapid identity verification with dynamic biometric data. Proceedings of the International Conference on Spoken Language Processing.
Part of book/report
- (2015) L1-L2map: una base de datos fónica para la enseñanza de la pronunciación de segundas lenguas. Perspectivas actuales en el análisis fónico del habla. Tradición y avances en la fonética experimental.
- (2014) A cross-language corpus for studying the phonetics and phonology of prominence. Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC'14).
- (2014) Local and global acoustic correlates of information structure in Bulgarian. Speech Prosody 7.
- (2013) Eyebrow movements in prosody. Nordic Prosody. Proceedings of the XIth Conference, Tartu 2012.
- (2013) Prosodic Effects of Implicit Causality in German and Norwegian?. Nordic Prosody. Proceedings of the XIth Conference, Tartu 2012.
- (2011) L1-L2map: a tool for multi-lingual contrastive analysis. Proceedings from The 17th International Congress of Phonetic Sciences.
- (2009) Cross-language differences in the production of phrasal prominence in Norwegian and German. Nordic Prosody. Proceedings of the Xth Conference, Helsinki 2008.
- (2008) The status of vowel devoicing in Bulgarian: phonetic or phonological?. Formal Description of Slavic Languages.
- (2008) Accentuation cues in French and German. Proceedings of the Speech Prosody 2008 Conference.
- (2008) Preaspiration and perceived vowel duration in Norwegian. Proceedings FONETIK 2008, The XXIst Swedish Phonetics Conference, June 11-13, 2008.
- (2007) Speaker consistency of coarticulatory gestures in clusters of labial and velar plosives. Proceedings from the 16th International Congress of Phonetic Sciences.
- (2007) Enhancing Speaker Discrimination at the Feature Level. Speaker Classification I. Fundamentals, Features, and Methods.
- (2007) Frame Based Features. Speaker Classification I. Fundamentals, Features, and Methods.