Background and activities
Physical therapist and assistant professor at Physioterapy Programme. Phd-candidate at NTNU. Field: Prevalence of anal incontinence among women.
fieldFeild I am
I work as a PhD-candidate at the Department of Public Health and General Practice, Faculty of Medicine, NTNU.
My field covers prevalence and risk factors for anal incontinence among women. My PhD is based on results from the highly reputable and internationally acknowledged health survey HUNT.
The results from HUNT are combined with information from the Norwegian Medical Birth Registry to investigate if child births (i.e. delivery method, complications during birth, etc) are reason to why adult women experience anal incontinence – or if other risk factors dominate.
In addition to the PhD, I work as an associate professor at the Physiotherapy Programme at Sør-Trøndelag University College.
Bachelor in Physiotherapy
Master in Health Science
Physical therapy candidate, Namdal Sykehus 1998-1999
Physical therapy candidate, Steinkjer commune, 1999
Physical therapist, St.Olavs Hospital 1999-2013
Associate Professor, Physiotherapy Programme, Sør-Trøndelag University College 2008 - 2015
Programme Coordinator, Physiotherapy Programme, Sør-Trøndelag University College 2015-
POSITIONS IN SOCIETY
2001-2003 Union Official, Clinical Service, St.Olavs Hospital
2005-2007 Vice-Chairman, NFF, county of Sør-Trøndelag
Musician, used in studio sessions and live settings. Plays different instruments and is a member of the band Seljemark. Otherwise I accompany the artists Charlotte Audestad and Børge Pedersen on stage. In 2016, I will release my first solo album.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Sphincter tears and fecal incontinence, results from a population-based study in Norway. Neurourology and Urodynamics. vol. 32 (6).
- (2012) Prevalence of fecal incontinence after vaginaldeliveries versus caesarean sections. Neurourology and Urodynamics. vol. 31 (6).
- (2012) Prevalence of anal incontinence among Norwegian women, a cross-sectional study (hunt 3). Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. vol. 91.
- (2012) Prevalence of anal incontinence among Norwegian women: a cross-sectional study. BMJ Open. vol. 2 (4).
- (2011) PREVALENCE OF ANAL INCONTINENCE AMONG NORWEGIAN WOMEN, A CROSS-SECTIONAL STUDY (HUNT 3) CONDUCTED IN NORD-TRONDELAG COUNTY, NORWAY. Neurourology and Urodynamics. vol. 30 (6).
- (2007) No difference in urinary incontinence between training and control group six years after cessation of a randomized controlled trial, but improved sexual satisfaction in the training group. Neurourology and Urodynamics. vol. 26.