Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) The Uptime challenge: A learning environment for value-driven operations through gamification. The USENIX Journal of Education in System Administration. vol. 2 (1).
- (2016) An Inhomogeneous Hidden Markov Model for Efficient Virtual Machine Placement in Cloud Computing Environments. Journal of Forecasting. vol. 36 (4).
- (2015) An investigation of learning outcomes for MSc programs in Network and System Administration. The USENIX Journal of Education in System Administration. vol. 1 (1).
- (2015) IncludeOS: A minimal, resource efficient unikernel for cloud services. IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science.
- (2015) Saving the planet with bin packing - Experiences using 2D and 3D bin packing of virtual machines for greener clouds. IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science. vol. 2015-February (February).
- (2015) Towards the InfiniBand SR-IOV vSwitch architecture. Proceedings IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing. vol. 2015-October.
- (2013) Audition: a DevOps-oriented service optimization and testing framework for cloud environments. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2012) Simplified cloud-oriented virtual machine management with MLN. Journal of Supercomputing. vol. 61 (2).
- (2012) On the usefulness of off-the-shelf computer peripherals for people with Parkinson’s Disease. Universal Access in the Information Society. vol. 11 (4).
- (2010) Prosjekt Ymer, grafikkprosessering på sky. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2007) Improving Anomaly Detection Event Analysis Using the EventRank Algorithm. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 4543.
- (2007) Understanding Promise Theory using Rewriting Logic. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 4543.
- (2006) On the Stability of Adaptive Service Level Agreements. eTransactions on Network and Service Management. vol. 3 (1).
- (2005) Principle components and importance ranking of distributed anomalies. Machine Learning. vol. 58.
- (2006) Network and System Administration Research Surveys vol. 3. Høgskolen i Oslo og Akershus. 2006. ISBN 82-579-4537-4. HiO-rapport (21).
- (2004) Network and System Administration Research Surveys vol. 1. Høgskolen i Oslo og Akershus. 2004. ISBN 82-579-4378-9. HiO-rapport (24).
Part of book/report
- (2017) Making the Case for Highly Efficient Multicore Enabled Unikernels With IncludeOS. The Eighth International Conference on Cloud Computing, GRIDs, and Virtualization.
- (2016) Reliable modeling of CPU usage in an office worker environment. Proceedings of the 31st Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC '16).
- (2016) Achieving Intelligent Traffic-aware Consolidation of Virtual Machines in a Data Center Using Learning Automata. 2016 8th IFIP International Conference on New Technologies, Mobility and Security (NTMS).
- (2013) The Hydra: A layered, redundant configuration management approach for cloud-agnostic disaster recovery. Proceedings : IEEE fifth international conference on cloud computing technology and science : 2–5 December 2013 Bristol, United Kingdom.