Postal addressDepartment of Laboratory Medicine, Children´s and Women´s Health Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children´s and Women´s Health Norwegian University of Science and Technology Postboks 8905 7491 Trondheim
Short biography Max 160 characters [0/160]
Member of research group for perinatal brain injury at Department of Laboratory Medicine, Women's and Children's Health.
Graduated as a physiotherapist at Oslo University College in 1986 and the degree of PhD in Clinical Medicine at the Norwegian University of Science and Tehnology in 2010.
Work experience covers clinical work in hospital and community based habilitation/rehabilitation in young infants and children, research activities particular in movement analysis in young infants, as well as teaching and supervision of medical and physiotheraphy students.
Associate Director in 4 ongoing multisite studies predicting Cerebral Palsy and long term motor outcomes by use of clinical and computerized assessment of spontanous infant movements in Norway, India, China and USA.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Identification of fidgety movements and prediction of CP by the use of computer-based video analysis is more accurate when based on two video recordings. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice. volum 29 (6).
- (2013) Reliability and validity of the Trunk Impairment Scale in children and adolescents with cerebral palsy. Journal of Research in Developmental Disabilities. volum 34 (7).
- (2012) An Optical Flow-Based Method to Predict Infantile Cerebral Palsy. IEEE transactions on neural systems and rehabilitation engineering. volum 20 (4).
- (2011) Computer based assessment of General Movements in Young Infants using one or two video recordings. Pediatric Research. volum 70.
- (2010) Early prediction of cerebral palsy by computer-based video analysis of general movements: a feasibility study. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. volum 52 (8).
- (2009) Using computer-based video analysis in the study of fidgety movements. Early Human Development. volum 85 (9).
- (2009) Inter-observer reliability of the "Assessment of Motor Repertoire - 3 to 5 Months" based on video recordings of infants. Early Human Development. volum 85 (5).
- (2008) ENIGMA - Enhanced Interactive General Movement Assessment. Expert systems with applications. volum 34 (4).
- (2007) General movement assessment: Predicting cerebral palsy in clinical practise. Early Human Development. volum 83.
- (2005) The 5th Graz Symposium on Developmental Neurology. 2005.
Part of book/report
- (2005) General movement assessment predicting cerebral palsy in a clinical context. The 5th Graz Symposium on Developmental Neurology.