Postal addressDepartment of Energy and Process Engineering Norwegian University of Science and Technology 7491 Trondheim Norway
Lars Roar Sætran
Background and activities
Candidate for the Head of Department position
Education: MSc 1979 @ NTNU; VKI Diploma 1979 @ von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics, Belgium; PhD 1985 @ NTNU
Career: Sintef 1979-81; NTNU 1981-84 (MOBILE scholarship); SikTec (Safety consultans) 1984-85; NTNU 1985- . Sabbaticals @ Syney Univ 1986-87, Stanford Univ 1995-96, Stanford Univ 2003-04
Teaching: Fluid Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Experimental Techniques, Interdisiplinary Teamwork
Teaching prizes in 2002 and 2006
Deputy Head of Department and Teaching Coordinator @ EPT 2005-09; Member of Study Program Executive Board; Member of Faculty of Mechanical Engineerin Executive Board 1996-2000; Board of Directors @ von Karman Institute
Reviewer international journals and confereces
See links for publications etc on the Norwegian version of this page
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Performance and wake development behind two in-line and offset model wind turbines - ”Blind test” experiments and calculations. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. volum 524.
- (2013) Dynamic Measurements and Drag Crisis Hysteresis in Garment Aerodynamics. Procedia Engineering. volum 60.
- (2013) A Review on Skin Suits and Sport Garment Aerodynamics: Guidelines and State of the Art. Procedia Engineering. volum 60.
- (2013) Experimental investigation of wind turbine wakes in the wind tunnel. Energy Procedia. volum 35.
- (2012) Wake measurements behind an array of two model wind turbines. Energy Procedia. volum 24.
- (2012) Experimental analysis on parameters affecting drag force on speed skaters. Sports Technology. volum 3 (4).
- (2012) Air permeability and drag crisis on high tech fabrics for cross country ski competitions. Procedia Engineering. volum 34.
- (2012) Aerodynamic drag is not the major determinant of performance during giant slalom skiing at the elite level. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. volum 23 (1).
- (2011) Comparison of aerodynamic properties of wool and polyester knitted textiles. Procedia Engineering. volum 13.
- (2009) Three-dimensional magnetic resonance velocimetry measurements of turbulence quantities in complex flow. Experiments in Fluids. volum 46 (2).
- (2007) Characteristics of hydrodynamically focused streams for use in microscale particle image velocimetry (Micro-PIV). Heat Transfer Engineering. volum 28 (8-9).
- (2007) Reducing the athletes’s aerodynamical resistance. Journal of Computational and Applied Mechanics. volum 8 (2).
- (2006) Effects of Body Position on Slide Boarding Performance by Cross-Country Skiers. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. volum 38 (8).
- (2006) Selective seeding for micro-PIV. Experiments in Fluids. volum 41.
- (2005) Sinusoidal crossflow microfiltration device - experimental and computational flowfield analysis. Lab on a Chip. volum 5.
- (2004) Micro Particle Image Velocimetry - an overview. Turbulence. volum 10.
- (2003) Micro-PIV Investigation of a Sinusoidal Crossflow Microfiltration Module. Proceedings 1st International Conference on Microchannels and Minichannels, ASME.
- (1999) Fluid Motion in Ultrasonic Flowmeter Cavities. Journal of Fluids Engineering - Trancactions of The ASME. volum 121.
- (1998) Modeling of Spatial Wind-Wave Correlations. AIAA Journal. volum 36 (5).
- (1998) Simulations of wind along flight trajectories in the ocean surface layer. Journal of Aircraft. volum 35 (2).